Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing
Financial Institutions play a major role in any economy and the key to any soundly run economy is to ensure having legitimate financial activities/transactions.
Money laundering (ML) and Terrorism Financing (TF) are very serious crimes and criminals have been relentlessly in search of ways to disguise the nature of their money and incorporate such money into the normal flow of legitimate economies to enjoy the benefits of their crimes.
It is therefore of utmost importance for financial institutions staff to be aware of and alert to ML & FT activities and be able to identify, analyse and report suspicious transactions as part of the effort to deter such criminal activities.
Upcoming start dates
6 November, 2023
Who should attend?
Basic understanding of Financial Institutions-related services
Who Should Attend
- Financial Institutions Staff in client-facing & operations related functions
- Financial Institutions staff in Risk related functions
- Financial Institutions staff in Compliance & AML related functions
- Introduction to Money Laundering & Terrorism Financing
- Mechanics of Money Laundering
- Control Frameworks
- Financial Institutions Liabilities
- Financial Institutions Obligations
- Compliance Defined
- Compliance Pillars
- Financial Institutions Compliance
- Recent Developments
Course delivery details
A blend of power point slides, practical group case discussions and illustrative videos
- London - £2645 + VAT
- Dubai - £2645 + VAT
Certification / Credits
Over the duration of this course, participants will:
- Be introduced to the key characteristics of Anti-Money Laundering, Countering the Financing of Terrorism and Sanctions adherence.
- Extend their understanding of the principles of Compliance Risk.
- Gain an insight into current trends and issues in financial crime, using practical examples, and the risks of non-compliance.
- Be more informed, and therefore better equipped, to understand their role and responsibilities, to make considered risk decisions more quickly, based on a sound knowledge of financial crime risk management
- Be better placed to protect their Institution’s clients from financial crime risks, thereby helping them to achieve sustainable growth
- Have key skills to protect the financial institution from individuals and organisations seeking to commit financial crime through the recognition / identification of red flags and understanding how to respond appropriately
Why choose Euromoney Learning?
4.6/5 rating on course check for service
60,000 professionals trained across public courses
80+ countries where training is delivered
Contact this provider
At Euromoney Learning, we understand that learning doesn’t start and end when you leave the classroom. We know that the financial markets never stand still, and that technology has both simplified and added complexity at a break-neck pace. That’s why...