Arts and Culture: Towards a New Management Paradigm
Arts, culture, and heritage have been approached from historical, legal, aesthetic and institutional perspectives. While exposure to these dimensions forms the foundation for education and knowledge in the arts, the task of creating a cadre of professional managers and policy makers who are sensitive to the trends imposed by the new generation of digital technologies and economic instruments remains to be accomplished. It is for this need that this course has been conceived.
The goal of this course is to provide insights on the management dimensions of arts, culture, and heritage for professionals and students who desire to specialize in this domain.
The objectives of the course are as follows:
- Provide the conceptual essence of arts, culture and heritage.
- Elaborate on the managerial implications of different schools of ontology and philosophical thought on arts culture and heritage (both Western and Eastern streams)
- Expose learners to Managerial Economics of Arts and Heritage
- Provide a perspective on the organisational structures of arts organisations and their management systems.
- Expose learners to the craft of policy making in the realms of arts and culture.
Speculate on the arts organisations of tomorrow.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
- Welcome to the Course
- Art, Culture and Civilization
- Policy Landscape: Cultural and Natural Heritage
- Foundations of Managing Arts and Culture Enterprises
- Managerial Challenges: Finance and Competition
- Conclusion: Global Perspectives on Arts and Culture
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, a partner institute of EdX.
3-4 hours per week
- Verified Track -$199
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Global landscape of arts, culture and heritage
- Western and Eastern streams of thought on art and culture, and a functional knowledge of ontological and philosophical schools
- Managerial Economics of the Arts
- Arts Management and Organization Structure
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...