In a fast-paced world with information overload, organizations require strong critical thinking skills to support high performance. Critical thinking is the ability to analyze the information presented to discern and form an unbiased judgment. Critical thinking is a learned skill where both cognitive and mental faculties are used to put thoughts and emotions in perspective to impact the process. In this course, you will learn the parameters that influence critical and non-critical thinking. You will also learn how to use analytical thought systems and creative thinking tools to become more effective in dealing with workload and relationships.
Upcoming start dates
20 March, 2024
- Virtual Classroom
3 June, 2024
- Virtual Classroom
Contact provider for more information.
Who should attend?
Participants in this course will benefit from learning about:
- Defining critical and non-critical thinking
- Using the critical thinking process to build and analyze arguments
- Applying analytical thought systems and creative thinking tools to manage the workload and relationships
- Understanding critical thinking styles
- Discovering barriers to critical thinking
- Appreciating the role of emotion in the thinking processes (how the brain and the mind function)
- Exploring practical applications of critical thinking
- Identifying the impact of mindfulness on the thinking process (a practical introduction to how a mindfulness practice impacts the thinking process)
Course delivery details
This is an interactive course designed to engage participants through presentations, guided discussions, practical exercises, and a case study.
Why choose BBLN?
In operation for over 20 years, Building Blocks takes a consultative approach to customer engagement to deeply asses the needs. We offer a variety of options for consideration.
All of our instructors have a minimum of 20 years of teaching experience using adult learning theory.
We can proudly say that our customers routinely say we exceeded their expectations and in doing so, we offer many benefits that are included in the service and pricing.
Contact this provider
Building Blocks Learning Network
Building Blocks Learning Network (Building Blocks) is a training company with over 20 years of experience in Adult Education. Our specific expertise includes professional development in the areas of Executive Leadership, Management and Leadership, Coaching, Policy Development, How Government Works,...