Effective Protocol & Diplomacy
This course will focus on the cultural implications of image in presenting ourselves professionally and the core knowledge, skills and understanding needed during diplomatic negotiations. It will teach the facilitation skills that lead to positive outcomes during discussions and decision making. It will explain networking strategies for building a broad base of influential contacts nationally and internationally and how to get the best from formal and informal interactions with journalists and editors.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
Who should attend?
Who Should Attend
Public affairs managers and government relations managers in the security and exchange, telecommunications, healthcare and finance, Marketing, PR and sales professionals who represent their organization at a national or international level, Business owners needing to negotiate with government organizations as they expand into other countries and regions, Graduate diplomats and protocol managers in embassies, consulates and high commissions Trainee diplomats and protocol managers in government departments and government agencies.
- Dress codes for a polished and professional image
- Developing the language of diplomacy
- The mindset of a diplomat who gets things done
- The experience, knowledge, and skills of an effective diplomat
Managing Complex and Sensitive Negotiations
- Core knowledge, skills, and approaches in negotiating
- Identifying interests and positions
- Bargaining, expectations, and concessions
- Collaborative decision making
Facilitating Discussions and Debate
- Techniques to help you facilitate positive outcomes from discussions and decision making
- Best and worst facilitation practices
- Providing structure and guiding discussions
- Dealing with conflict, disrupters, and emotional responses
Powerful Networking and Social Skills
- Developing a networking strategy to create a broad network of influential contacts
- How to connect online and then move relationships into face to face?
- Working a room to connect with the individuals you wish to meet and build relationships with
- Honing key networking skills: rapport, empathy, respect, politeness and courtesy, attentive listening
Managing National and International Media
- Managing media interviews for print, TV, radio and online
- Projecting a powerful image in the media
- Speaking on and off the record
- Providing resources including press releases, background briefings and images
- Monitoring press coverage
- Action planning
Certification / Credits
- Lead the team in thorough planning in preparation for negotiations
- Pay attention to diverse personalities, positions, and undercurrents during negotiations
- Advise on protocol systems, processes, procedures, and guidelines that are appropriate for their organization
- Ensure all views are heard and everyone contributes during discussions
- Aim for commitment during negotiations and discussions, not just agreement
- Develop contact courses with diplomatic opinion formers, influencers, and decision makers
- Handle the media, talking to the press, and organizing media interviews
- Generate positive national and international media coverage
Why choose Convertas?
Founded in 2006
12 Specialized trainers
100% of happy clients
Contact this provider
Convertas Management Consultants
CONVERTAS offers a series of specialized training services across all areas of business, helping employees develop and increase their skills. Our highly qualified trainers through our specifically designed courses and workshops, as well as our innovative training methodology, will provide...