Advanced Purchasing Skills
The Advanced Purchasing Skills training course offers practical insights that are critical when buying and selling. It will present you with unique techniques that will help strengthen your purchasing strategies. participants will receive comprehensive insights into different analytical tools, negotiation techniques, and a plan execution that will enable you to navigate the market confidently while minimizing risks.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
Who should attend?
Who Should Attend
Buyers, senior buyers, purchasing supervisors, purchasing managers and all other personnel who need to understand the purchasing function.
Analytical approaches to purchasing
- Opportunity Analysis – a tool for identifying and ranking opportunities based on return, effort and probability of success
- Price history vs. market or formula
- Cost Models, price forecasting and margins
- Contract Model – legal & mathematical
- Price versus total cost
- Spend classification and Risk Management
- Spend Classification: Strategic, Critical, Tail spend
- Risk management
- Internal vs External Sourcing
- Global vs Regional
- Contract vs Spot
- Supplier viability & natural disasters
- Strategy alignment via supply/sales agreements
- Strategic sourcing and improving supplier cooperation
- Strategic Sourcing to insure the lowest cost.
- Improving supplier cooperation
- Alignment with strategy
- Tracking to plan Purchasing procedures
- RFQ (Request for Quote) process
- Supplier development = competition; Supplier Score Cards with weighting that reflects impact on cost
- Quarterly supplier meetings – to provide feedback
Evaluation – Performance metrics
- PPV – tracking to budget – short term performance
- YoY price inflation / deflation vs. index – longer term performance
- Price – volume – mix analysis
- Individual metrics aligned
Certification / Credits
- Identify and prioritize saving opportunities to get the biggest cost reduction as possible
- Tackle the different levers in order set priorities strategically
- Learn practical and tried-and-tested negotiation techniques that align your company's interests with those of your customers
- Gain practical insight into opportunity analysis in light of understanding the customers' needs and their priorities
- Follow a step-by-step guide outlining the issues, perceived constraints, related repercussions along with proposed solutions
Why choose Convertas?
Founded in 2006
12 Specialized trainers
100% of happy clients
Contact this provider
Convertas Management Consultants
CONVERTAS offers a series of specialized training services across all areas of business, helping employees develop and increase their skills. Our highly qualified trainers through our specifically designed courses and workshops, as well as our innovative training methodology, will provide...