Purchasing has, according to the trends, become more strategically important for companies. The importance of suppliers and purchasing/sourcing increased significantly during the 1990s and was acknowledged by executive managers by the end of the decade (Trent, et al., 1998).
This course will address the “research-based” needs of logistics and other managers for required sourcing skills. This comprehensive three-day training workshop will ensure that participants will identify the right choice for hiring supplier/service provider in the most practical and cost effective scheme.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
Who should attend?
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for Logistics and supply chain managers, supervisors and heads of unit, Members of a procurement committee, Project and program managers, Board directors who need to have an understanding of procurement.
- Critical Supply Strategies
- What is Supply Chain and Procurement
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Cost Analysis
- Supply Market Analysis
- Sourcing Types
- Selecting the right sourcing strategy
- Developing Tender Evaluation Criteria
- Shrinking the Supply Base
- The Negotiation Process
- Communication Techniques
- Price and Cost Differences
- Negotiating Long Term Benefits
- Advanced Purchased Price Cost Analysis
- Key Performance Indicators
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Risk Management
Certification / Credits
- Strategically plan a procurement
- The process of developing bids
- Understanding the legal framework
- Project cost estimation essentials
- Types of sourcing
- Criteria to analyze and select the appropriate type of sourcing
- Request proposals, quotations and tenders, including e-procurement.
- Able to utilize a wide variety of strategic procurement tools and techniques.
- Undertake risk analysis and evaluate submissions.
- Determine total cost of procuring products and services.
- Set out the terms and conditions of contract
Why choose Convertas?
Founded in 2006
12 Specialized trainers
100% of happy clients
Contact this provider
Convertas Management Consultants
CONVERTAS offers a series of specialized training services across all areas of business, helping employees develop and increase their skills. Our highly qualified trainers through our specifically designed courses and workshops, as well as our innovative training methodology, will provide...