Active Assailant/Shooter Preparedness and Response
Every organization must prepare for an attack by an active shooter and must know how to respond should an attack occur.
Vistelar, a world-leader in conflict-management training, offers comprehensive live and online training programs that address both active shooter preparedness and response.
In developing this course, Vistelar drew upon on Dave Young’s (one of the company’s founders) 30+ years as a professional trainer in the Marine Corps and for law enforcement as well as the expertise of Vistelar’s other subject matter experts in conflict management.
Dave developed one of the first active shooter training programs for the Marine Corps in 1990. The content of this course is based on real-world experience, not academic theory (e.g., flawed strategies like “lock-down” are not discussed).
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for details
- United States of America
Who should attend?
Employees at organizations at-risk of an active assailant/shooter incident — or trainers of these employees.
- Importance of remaining alert, being decisive, having a pre-planned practiced response
- Profiles and common traits of the active shooter
- Conducting a threat assessment
- How to develop an organization safety plan for dealing with an active assailant/shooter
- Understanding the role of the leader in a crisis
- How to use hand and sound signals
- Identifying possible escape routes and managing movement
- How to barricade a location to prevent an active assailant/shooter from entering
- Selecting and using weapons of opportunity
- How to move groups of employees to a secure location
- Basics of tactical emergency first aid
- How to work with local law enforcement
Request information for price
Why choose Vistelar, LLC?
30+ years of experience in conflict management training
Hundreds of thousands throughout the world trained
Trusted by clients across 14 diverse market sectors
Contact this provider
Vistelar is a training and consulting institute focused on addressing the entire spectrum of human conflict — from before contact to how conflict is managed. We serve contact professionals who interact directly with the general public or an organization’s clients...