The human mind isn’t wired to make high-quality decisions. Because of how our minds work, errors and pitfalls keep us and our colleagues from making decisions that add the most value. Understand how natural behavioural processes lead to biases, distortion and mistakes. Explore the preventive measures and techniques you can use to reduce these biases, improve individual decisions and enrich organizational decision processes.
Our partnership with SDG combines UT's academic research and SDG's real-world experience in decision consulting to create an unmatched learning experience.
- Discover six categories of biases that produce most of the mistakes in decision making
- Discuss how overconfidence, confirmation bias and hindsight bias can keep us from seeking critical information and making realistic judgments
- Understand the limiting effects of unconscious self-serving biases in yourself and others
- Examine five types of associations we use to make judgments which can be misleading
- Recognize the distortions created by relative comparisons and simplification
- Anticipate how capacity on perception, attention, memory, reasoning and choice influence our decisions
- Balance conflict and cooperation to minimize the negative effects and increase the positive influences of group dynamics
- Develop a personal action plan for counteracting natural decision problems and reducing the impact of negative decision behaviours in your organization
Course delivery details
Two-Day Concentrated Program
Registration begins at 8:00 a.m. and class runs 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. both days with a one-hour lunch break.
The fee is $2,950 (USD).
Texas Executive Education classes qualify for discounted hotel room rates at the AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center on a limited basis. Discount code will be provided via email after class registration.
Certification / Credits
CEUs: Participants earn 1.4 CEUs and/or 14 CPEs for this course. A certificate of completion will be presented from Texas Executive Education.
Course Credits: This class is available for 1.0 university credit.
Contact this provider
TEXAS McCombs | Driving positive change and Inspiring business leadership through the 21st century
Texas McCombs is a premier business school at a world-class public research university. We are a community that fosters lifelong engagement with our students and alumni. We cultivate principled leaders and develop ideas that will advance our economy, improve lives,...