Explore self-awareness, inclusive leadership principles and the key to more equitable and effective organizations in this course led by a clinical business communication expert.
Each of us has a unique identity that is shaped by history, socialization and culture. Workplaces that acknowledge individuals’ unique identities cultivate inclusion and a sense of belonging that allows all to be their authentic self. Individuals who can be their authentic selves are more productive, have higher levels of trust, and contribute to organizational success.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for leaders and aspiring leaders who desire to create and lead inclusive and equity-minded organizations that position diversity as a sustainable strategic imperative.
• Session One: Explore all aspects of your identity, building the foundation to examine the legacy and value of your uniqueness as an aspect of self-awareness.
• Session Two: Develop relationship management through the lens of interpersonal communication with a specific focus on inclusive teams.
• Session Three: Examine how authentic leaders can foster inclusive excellence and lead with humanity.
An important aspect of our programs is the ability to share your accomplishment with important stakeholders. Upon completing Inclusive Leadership: Understanding Self to Lead Others, you will earn a digital badge recognizing your new proficiency. Share and showcase your achievements by posting your digital badge on online resumes and social networks such as LinkedIn.
These interactive, exploratory and reflective sessions will help you:
• Understand the legacy and value of your unique identity to your role as a leader
• Assess how the self (and knowledge of the self) relates to issues of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
• Understand how trust, empathy and civility are integral to creating inclusive organizations
• Develop your leadership skills and your ability to work humanely with others
• Apply inclusive leadership principles to managing an organization and cultivating a culture of belonging
• Create more inclusive and equitable organizations and organizational cultures
• Identify practices to help you overcome barriers to diversity, equity and inclusion, including prejudice, stereotyping, implicit bias, micro-aggressions and discrimination.
• Explain some of how managing diversity, equity and inclusion is essential for achieving organizational effectiveness and improving the quality of life in local and global environments
Course delivery details
Live, Online:This program will take place with three 3-hour live, synchronous sessions that include small group breakout sessions and discussions. The live sessions allow for immediate clarification and real-time teaching with the faculty member. Additionally, asynchronous activities and content will be provided by the faculty on our learning management system.
There is a 10% discount for three or more registrants from the same company.
Certification / Credits
Upon completing Inclusive Leadership, you will earn a digital badge recognizing your new proficiency. Share and showcase your achievements by posting your digital badge on online resumes and social networks such as LinkedIn.
Contact this provider
USC Marshall School of Business | Executive education and professional develompent
Since its founding in 1920, the USC Marshall School of Business has capitalized on its location in Los Angeles—a global center for arts, technology, and international trade—to shape the role, nature, and reach of business education worldwide. Embracing the high-velocity...