Developing Scalable Apps with Java: E-learning from Udacity
No other tech field is growing as fast as cloud computing. The reason is clear. Clourd computing allows an easy, cost-effective way for running applications. It is not, however, foolproof. While the infrastructure may be virtual it does still need to be managed. You need to do load balancing, take care of software patching, bring instances up and down and invest significant resources in the infrastructure.
Let Google help - Learn to use the App Engine
With App Engine from Google developers can use their infrastructure, allowing the platform to take care of scaling and freeing you up to devote more time and attention to app features. This course is designed to guide participants through how it works, teaching best practices for using Cloud Endpoints for creating RESTful services. Learners will be able to automatically generate client libraries and take advantage of a number of exciting built-in features.
Upcoming start dates
Free E-Learning: Start Anytime!
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
This Developing Scalable Apps with Java course is intended for professionals looking to learn the basics of App Engine to run affordable applications.
Learners should be comfortable programming with Java and have some experience in working with databases and developing web applications. Participants should also have permission to install new software on their computer and be comfortable with the installation process.
Find out if this course is right for you - request more information here!
This Developing Scalable Apps with Java takes learners through:
You will work on the Conference Central app throughout the course, with every lesson adding more functionality, and harnessing more of the power of Cloud App Engine.
- how and why server racks were invented
- problems faced in scaling apps
- set up the App Engine project
- define Cloud Endpoints.
- Conference Central and adding authentication and user profiles.
Storing and Retrieving Data
- Google App Engine Datastore, how is it different from RDBMS and how you can use it in your applications.
- Add the ability to store and retrieve user profiles and conferences to the course project app.
Advanced Datastore Concepts
- datastore: queries, filters, indexes and transactions.
- ways to query conferences.
Advanced App Engine Topics
- Add a push queue, cron job and a customised Memcache entry to your app.
App Engine and Mobile Apps
- Generate mobile client libraries for your app.
This Developing Scalable Apps with Java is Free of charge.
Estimated time for completion assuming 6 hours per week: Approx. 6 weeks