Test-Driven Development (TDD) is a design engineering process that relies on a very short development cycle. A TDD approach to software development requires a thorough review of the requirements or design before any functional code is written. The development process is started by writing the test case, then the code to pass the test and then refactoring until completion. Benefits of a TDD approach to software engineering include faster feedback, higher acceptance, reduced scope creep and over engineering, customer centric and iterative processes, and modular, flexible, maintainable code.
Who should attend?
Who should attend
This class is designed for professionals who have experience in language programming, including C+ or Java. Specific titles of attendees include:
- Software Developers and Programmers
- Agile Practitioners
- Quality Assurance Professionals
- Software Testers
- Product Owners
- Project Managers
- IT Managers
- Software Engineers
This 3-day instructor led course is a deep dive in to TDD that incorporates the steps that are necessary for effective implementation. Participants will cover Unit Tests, User Stories, Design, Refactoring, Frameworks, and how to apply them to existing solutions. In addition, this course explores the implications of code dependencies, fluid requirements, and early detection of issues. This is an interactive class with hands-on labs. To get the most out of this course, students are encouraged to fully participate. This course demonstrates the skills developers and teams need for building quality applications sustainably, with quality, for the life of the code base.
- Provide knowledge and understanding of Unit Testing principles and practices
- Understand the role of Unit Testing in software development and testing
- Write effective Unit Testing
- Properties of effective unit tests
- How to use mock objects to isolate the “system under test”
- Effective refactoring of the code base
- Benefits of the test-first and Test-Driven Development
- Techniques and practices to aid in the successful adoption of Test-Driven Development
- How to use Acceptance Testing and Behavior-Driven Development to further advance Test-Driven Development
Why choose Velocity Knowledge?
Customized training programs for every organization
Industry-proven instructors, consultants, and experts
Efficient learning methods for your unique business objectives
Contact this provider
Velocity Knowledge is an Enterprise Education Provider made up of qualified educational professionals who have survived the budget cuts, lived through the training wars, adjusted to industry changes, and learned what it is that customers are looking for. Velocity Knowledge...