Developing Android Apps: E-learning for new and potential IT professionals
There are few platforms that offer a level of opportunity for developers like Android. With over a billion activated devices and new technologies for cloud-connected computing, training in app development for Android prepares developers not only in the tools for app development today, but also for new Android apps in the future. This online program prepares you to build beautiful apps, creating a clear understanding of the tools, concepts and patterns underlying all Android development.
A practical learning solution
Delegates will learn the challenges associated with developing for the mobile environment and gain the skills necessary to overcome them in their own projects. All course material is designed with one goal in mind: to prepared learners to build apps for Android devices. Udacity gives learners the chance to start really thinking like a programmer, approaching complex problems with curiosity and confidence.
Upcoming start dates
Free E-Learning: Start Anytime!
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
This advanced level Developing Android Apps program is designed for students with at leas three years experience in object oriented programming language (java, C++, Python, etc.) hoping to gain a better understanding of app development for Android.
Participants are expected to:
- be comfortable working with code on Github
- download Android Studio in order to follow along with the instructors throughout the course
- access an Android device. Helpful -- but not required -- to complete the final project
- while not a formal prerequisite, UX Design for Mobile (also taught in collaboration with Google) is a good companion course to this one.
Find out if this course is right for you - request more information here!
This Developing Android Apps program is divided into nine lessons:
- Lesson 1: Create Project Sunshine with a Simple UI (5-8 hrs)
- Lesson 2: Connect Sunshine to the Cloud (8-10 hrs)
- Lesson 3: Create New Activities and Navigate Apps with Intents (8-10 hrs)
- Lessons 4: Use Content Providers and Loaders to Persist and Recover Data (15-20 hrs)
- Lesson 5: Implement Rich and Responsive Layouts (8-10 hrs)
- Lesson 6: Use Services and Notifications to Run in the Background (5-8 hrs)
- Final Project (10-20 hours)
It is free to start this Developing Android Apps course
Estimated time for completion assuming 6 hours per week: Approx. 2 months
2-Week Free Trial: Love it or Leave it
All Udacity courses are offered with a two-week free trial. Learners will have plenty of time to make sure that the program fits their needs. If it's not working out for any reason - user can cancel their subscription fee of charge.