Ivey Emerging Leaders Program
Explore your personal approach as a new leader. Learn to inspire action, navigate conflict, and manage change for your team.
New leaders often face the same challenge: learning to inspire, collaborate with, and rely on a team – instead of their own technical expertise. Effectively managing direct reports requires a shift in perspective and new approaches to learning.
The Ivey Emerging Leaders program is designed to help you build a foundation for success in your long-term leadership journey through a combination of self-assessment, peer learning, simulations, and faculty-led case discussions. Mindfully explore your personal approach to leadership, and work on constructing your future path. Network virtually with other leaders from across industries, learning best-practices and finding actionable takeaways for your own organization. Leap into your leadership potential with the Ivey Emerging Leaders Program.
Who should attend?
The program is designed for early-career leaders to build a strong foundation of skills and self-awareness. Participants commonly oversee small teams of direct reports or are preparing for a future leadership role.
Week 1: Develop Your Leadership Style
Learning modes: self-assessments, self-paced learning activities, small group and peer learning exercises, followed by live faculty-led case discussion.
- Develop awareness of your leadership style from self-assessment
- Identify implications of your style for how you lead others
- Understand how perceptual biases affect your interaction with others
Week 2: Lead Collaboratively
Learning modes: online simulation followed by live faculty-led discussions
- Identify and overcome barriers to successful team collaboration
- Recognize and set conditions for team success and learning
- Learn to make effective decisions under changing environmental conditions
Week 3: Navigate & Manage Conflicts
Learning modes: online simulation followed by live faculty-led discussion.
- Identify opportunities for value creation in a conflict situation
- Build and maintain trust in collaborative relationships
- Develop confidence in your ability to manage conflict effectively.
Week 4: Manage Change
Learning modes: self-assessments, self-paced learning activities, small group and peer learning exercises, followed by live faculty-led case discussions
- Understand the key steps in the change process
- Influence and persuade others to change
- Identify and develop the skills of effective change agents
Course delivery details
- Self-paced Learning Activities
- Live Virtual Faculty-led Sessions
Certification / Credits
- Develop awareness of one’s expected performance on leadership competencies and how one’s background is likely to affect one’s leadership style
- Understand key drivers of individual performance
- Learn to lead collaboratively; Identify and overcome barriers to successful team collaboration
- Learn to lead and make decisions under stressful conditions
- Activate strategies of effective habit building to be prepared to face and lead change.
After completing the Ivey Emerging Leaders Program, you'll receive an authentic digital artifact – also known as a badge. This badge showcases your achievements and commitment to professional development.
In addition to a digital badge, you will receive an Ivey Leadership Program Certificate of Completion, a powerful credential from the top business school in Canada.
Contact this provider
The Ivey Academy at Ivey Business School
The Ivey Academy is Canada’s leader in management education and professional development. We work with organizations in business and government to build leadership teams and drive strategic change. As a full-service learning and development provider, we design and deliver talent...