The payoff for effective collaboration is exploration of a diversity of perspectives , creativity, innovative problem solving and better decision making. Yet many teams and organizations struggle to create the conditions necessary for individuals to feel safe challenging ideas in a way that won’t impact relationships or do it in a way that doesn’t devolve into rancor.
In this highly interactive 3-hour workshop, we equip teams and leaders with the guidelines, skills, and practice needed to support highly productive debate, including how to manage the stress of having your ideas challenged. As with all of our programs, we answer the “how” with practical, proven strategies.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
Who should attend?
- Intact teams including project teams
- Leaders and Project Managers
- Anyone involved with product or policy development, process improvement or transformation initiatives
- Corporate retreats, teambuilding events or as part of the kick-off to a key strategic initiative
- Better clarity as to what healthy debate is and isn’t
- An understanding of the benefits of healthy debate
- A process for conducting healthy debate and a chance to experience it in action
- Tips on how to actively listen and manager your stress response
- An appreciation for creating psychological safety and setting guidelines
- Agreement on what and when topics should and shouldn’t be debated
- Alternative safe ways for enabling disagreement
- Experience applying the learning to various conversational/meeting dilemmas
- Greater confidence in asserting yourself during important dialogue
Course delivery details
Available worldwide, inquire for more information.
Use this code to receive 10% off our public enrollment courses or your first in-house delivery (new clients only). The code is FINDCOURSES10.
Why choose Facilitation First?
Facilitation First has been developing great meeting leaders since 1991
Over 10,000 satisfied learners indicate they would recommend our workshops to their colleagues
Facilitation First Trainers are Master Meeting Facilitators
Average rating 5
The key take away is debates can be healthy and I really liked being able to practice these skills and observe. I will be using these skills in my meetings!
Wonderful course, well-presented!
For a short period of time, this workshop was perfectly designed
Contact this provider
Facilitation First Inc
For over thirty years, Facilitation First has been top of mind for companies requiring Facilitation Skills Training and Professional Facilitation Services. We specialize in helping leaders and subject matter experts transition to the role of meeting facilitator, where a structured...