Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Enhanced Management Skills for Experienced ManagersStrategic Leadership Development International
Enhanced Management Skills for Experienced Managers
This course is primarily for managers who have a command of basic management concepts and who are ready to move to the next level of managerial expertise. It explores the fourteen classic principles of management, develops team-building skills, provides insight into understanding and capitalizing on personality differences, examines the dynamics of building bench strength, outlines the principles for managing change, and identifies the keys to preparing for succession.
Participants in this course should have a level of experience that is equivalent to the the subject matter covered in the course on Management Basics for Frontline and First-Time Managers.
The course can be delivered in one-day, two-day, or three-day format by adjusting the number of topics which are covered. The days need not be consecutive. Because Enhanced Management Skills for Experienced Managers is taught in class, the content is easily customized to the specific needs of your organization.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for middle and upper management
The following topics are a sample of what your training experience could include. Since the course is offered in house, it will be specifically formatted to meet the needs of your organization
- Review of management basics
- Five pivotal adaptations needed to advance up the management ladder
- Fourteen classic principles of management
- Recognizing your blind-spots as a manager
- Four options for how teams can be structured
- How to manage a diverse range of personalities
- How to build trust within a team
- How to develop your people
- How to motivate your team
- Developing more strategic thinking
- The Present Reality/Desired Reality planning model
- How to develop well-formulated goals
- How to successfully implement change
- Managing within financial and resource constraints
- Building bench strength and preparing for succession
This course can be taught in 1, 2, or 3 day versions.
The standard fee in North America is:
- $2750 for 1-day version
- $4750 for 2-day version
- $6250 for 3-day version.
For locations outside North America, there is a $600 per day surcharge on the standard fee
The course can also be taught in multiple half-day formats. In this case, the standard fee in North America is:
- $1450 for the first day
- $1200 per day for all subsequent days
Outside North America:
- $2050 for the first day
- $1800 per day for subsequent days
Strategic Leadership Development International
SLDI are specialists in bringing leadership development programs to executives, top-level managers, professionals, entrepreneurs, and institutional boards. The services that they offer include: Consultation in leadership development, strategy, communication, and organizational design Executive coaching and mentoring Training and workshops customized...