Create Your Own Internal Mentoring Program - In-house Training
Mentoring and medicine are the two oldest helping professions in the world. Modern companies are now bringing this age-old mentoring tradition into their in-house management system. By creating internal mentoring programs, companies are able to cut spending on outside mentoring and coaching resources and provide broader access to these services.
In order to put an internal mentoring program in place, thoughtful planning, preparation, and time are necessary. Strategic Leadership Development International has created this course to give aspiring organizations the tools, insight, and direction that they need to successfully implement a quality mentoring program conducted by managers and supervisors.
Through this training, Dr. Mike Armour has been able to help family-owned enterprises, non-profits, closely held private corporations, and even a Fortune 100 company develop a robust mentoring system.
Upcoming start dates
Contact provider to schedule
Who should attend?
This training course is suitable for executives and managers in any organization who wants to create their own mentoring program
This program will be adapted with the needs of your organization in mind. However the following are some common topics that covered.
- Reasons for the increasing popularity of internal mentoring programs
- The three levels of wins coming from mentoring programs
- Key considerations to keep in mind when designing a mentoring program
- How to combine formal and informal mentoring
- Who makes a good mentor?
- Characteristics shared by quality mentoring programs
- Defining the structure of a mentoring program
- Considering confidentiality
- Managing a mentoring program
- Setting a mentoring calendar
- Promotion of the new program prior to launch
- The initial orientation and training of mentors
- Periodic refreshment of mentor training
- Adding more mentors as the program matures
- Selecting the personnel that will be mentored
- Factors to consider in the pairing of mentors and mentees
- Orientation sessions for selected mentorees
- Securing firm commitments from mentors and those that they mentor
- Periodic forums allowing mentors to share best practices
- Reporting requirements
- How to evaluating the effectiveness of the program
- When you should draw on external coaches or mentors
- Reading and online resources
The cost of this course is:
- $2750 in North America
- $3250 everywhere else
Contact this provider
Strategic Leadership Development International
SLDI specializes in leadership development programs for executives, top-level and emerging managers, professionals, entrepreneurs, and institutional boards. SLDI's services include: Training and workshops customized for specific leadership, management, and communication skills Executive coaching and mentoring Team-Building and strategy facilitation Consulting...