Active Listening - In House
Most people listen to respond instead of listening to understand. Do you have the tools and skills to listen well and with intention? When was the last time you thought after a conversation "I wish I listened more closely?" Listening is the best gift you can give in any of your relationships.
This half-day practical, online course provides participants with all the tools and practice they need to be active and focused listeners. The presenter uses practical examples and case studies, along with a video to enhance participants’ understanding of listening skills.
Upcoming start dates
Who should attend?
Anyone interested in improving their ability to communicate, especially those in sales or customer service roles.
This course has no prerequisite.
- The importance of listening
- Difference between listening and hearing
- Why we should listen actively
- Video presentation
- Barriers to effective listening
- Guidelines for active listening
- Twelve tools for active listening
- Practical Applications
Certification / Credits
Participants will gain the ability to be able to:
- Focus on being an effective and active listener
- Recognize and remove barriers to listening
- Capitalize on listening skills rather than positional power to achieve goals
- Employ listening skills for maximum effectiveness in building relationships
- List and explain the use of the 12 listening tools
Contact this provider
Procept Associates Ltd.
Since 1963, Procept (and its subsidiaries) have trained over 1 million people from over 17,000 organizations. We focus on developing competencies in project management, change management, agile management, leadership, business analysis, IT and data management, as well as soft skill...