This five-day advanced course is designed to expose attendees to the understanding and application of the latest approaches, techniques and requirements being applied to reserves evaluation within unconventional resources. Particular focus is given to actions and methodologies that are necessary to enhance the reserve categorization. Discussion and class examples will emphasize the testing protocols necessary within the exploration, appraisal and at development phases of the resource life cycle. The course is based around the Petroleum Reserve Management System (PRMS) and variations needed to conform to other national standards such as the SEC, NI-51, SORP, NPD, Chinese, as well as other standards is taught as a stand-alone module. A majority of the offering is focused on shale oil and shale gas resources, with selected coverage of tight gas, coalbed methane and coal seam gas plays also being included depending on participant interest.
Who should attend?
Reservoir engineers and geoscientists working in integrated teams in unconventional assessments. Managerial staff requiring an understanding of unconventional reservoir reserve and resource evaluation standards will also benefit.
- Fundamentals of unconventional reservoirs
- The Petroleum Reserve Management System (PRMS)
- Probabilistic analysis as applied to unconventional reservoirs
- Well test analysis within unconventional resources
- Exploration data collection programs
- Prospective resource evaluation
- Appraisal data collection programs
- Contingent resource evaluation
- Reserve data collection programs
- Reserve evaluations
- Reserve portfolio management
- Alternate evaluation approaches
- Ethics and public information releases
PetroSkills - World's No. 1 Training Provider for the Oil & Gas Industry
PetroSkills is the leading professional education provider for the Petroleum Industry, with the largest classroom training portfolio for technical and management operations in this sector. In North America, PetroSkills' programs are delivered at important business hubs for the industry, around...
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team