Reserves and Resources
This skill module brings your attention to reserves management and the difference between resources and reserves at a core competency level.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Engineers or geoscientists who will occupy the position of reservoir engineer, and any other technically trained individual who desires a more in-depth foundation in reservoir engineering than is offered in the one-week Basic Reservoir Engineering and Reservoir Engineering for Other Disciplines courses.
You will learn
- The importance of integration with other disciplines
- Calculations using the volumetric formulas for gas and oil
- The importance of dividing into flow units for dynamic reserves in reservoir simulation
- Reserves management: what it is and how to do it
- The Reservoir Engineer’s input to reserves and resources (R & R)
- How a Geoscientist and Reservoir Engineer work together on reserves
- The risk and uncertainty that drive reserves
- Other non-technical factors that influence R & R
- The standardized process between reserve estimates
- The ethical basis underlying R & R estimations
PetroSkills is the world leader in training and knowledge transfer in the oil and gas industry. For over 60 years, we have provided the highest quality classroom, virtual, online, simulator training, and e-Learning; all of which is directed and vetted...