Carbonate Reservoirs - PCRPetroSkills
Carbonate Reservoirs - PCR
All available course dates
Carbonate Reservoirs – PCR
This rigorous workshop is a must for geoscientists dealing with exploration for and exploitation of carbonate reservoirs. The seminar emphasizes the complexity of carbonate porosity. Its modification and evolution will be discussed in a sea-level driven sequence stratigraphic framework. Case histories and exercises from around the world will be utilized throughout to illustrate important concepts. These exercises and case histories give the participant experience in developing viable exploration and exploitation strategies for carbonate terrains.
The text book "Carbonate Reservoirs" was prepared by Drs. Moore and Wade specifically to accompany this course and is furnished to all course participants.
Who should attend?
Exploration and development geologists, exploration and development managers, and geophysicists as well as engineers with some geologic background will benefit.
- Basic nature of carbonates
- Carbonate facies models
- Basic concepts of sequence stratigraphy
- Relationship of stratigraphic patterns to changes in subsidence rates
- Sequence stratigraphic models including the ramp, the rimmed shelf, the escarpment margin, the isolated platform, and the mixed carbonate-siliciclastic shelf
- Characteristics of carbonate pore systems
- Diagenesis, porosity evolution, and porosity distribution at the time of burial
- The fate of early-formed porosity during burial
- The potential value of dolomitization, including by hydrothermal processes
- The problem of H2S in carbonate reservoirs
- Natural fractures in carbonates
- Case histories and exercises from the Americas, Europe, and Asia
- Exploration and exploitation strategies in carbonate and mixed terrains
Certification / Credits
You will learn how to:
- Recognize basic characteristics of carbonates important to reservoir development
- Understand how sequence stratigraphy can be applied to carbonates and mixed carbonate-siliciclastic systems
- Understand the complexities of carbonate pore systems
- Recognize the nature of carbonate porosity modification during diagenesis and the role of sea-level and climate in porosity modification and gross reservoir heterogeneity
- Develop viable exploration and exploitation strategies in carbonate terrains by working with subsurface datasets
PetroSkills is the world leader in training and knowledge transfer in the oil and gas industry. For over 60 years, we have provided the highest quality classroom, virtual, online, simulator training, and e-Learning; all of which is directed and vetted...
Contact this provider
Average rating 4.2Based on 4 reviews.
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...