In Overview of Wastewater Treatment, you'll learn ...
- The goals of wastewater collection and treatment
- Key challenges faced by wastewater treatment professionals today
- Primary, secondary, and advanced wastewater treatment processes
- Various uses and disposal methods for wastewater residuals and biosolids
Credit: 2 PDH
Length: 30 pages
Water pollution issues continue to dominate public concerns about water quality in the U.S. and call attention to the need for maintaining healthy ecosystems. Although a large investment in water pollution control has helped reduce our nation's problem, many miles of streams are still impacted by a variety of different pollutants. This, in turn, affects the ability of people to use the water for beneficial purposes. Wastewater treatment is needed so that we can use our rivers and streams for fishing, swimming, and drinking water.
This course covers basic concepts of wastewater treatment, including common pollutants in wastewater, wastewater collection, and wastewater treatment processes. It is intended for civil and environmental engineers, but would also be valuable for individuals in fields such as planning, financing, and management. This is an introductory course and the student is not required to have any prior knowledge of the course material.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Certificate of Completion
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 10 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Requirements of the Clean Water Act
- Effects of wastewater on water quality in rivers and streams
- Collection of wastewater: combined systems and separate systems
- Pollutants in wastewater
- Basic wastewater treatment processes
- Secondary and advanced treatment processes
- Use or disposal of residuals and biosolids
- Decentralized systems
- Common terms used in wastewater treatment
Why choose PDHengineer?
Trusted by over 60,000 engineers to meet PDH requirements
Earn reward tokens with each course purchase
Triple guarantee that courses will be accepted by your state licensing board
Contact this provider
Professional Engineers have trusted PDHengineer to provide high-quality PDH courses since 2003. A large library of PDH courses and live, interactive webinars means that engineers can find PDH course material covering all of the major engineering disciplines. Plus, all PDHengineer...