Certificate in Ballast Water
Develop a clear understanding of ballast water management whilst addressing its implications upon the environment.
Gain insight into ballast water management, and how it effects shipping operations and the environment.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
- Module 1 – Ballast Water - An Overview
- Module 2 – The Ballast Water Management (BWM) Convention and Implementation
- Module 3 – Roles and Responsibilities within Ballast Water Management
- Module 4 – Ballast Water Treatment Technologies
- Module 5 – Sampling and Monitoring
- Module 6 – Ballast Water Risk Assessment
Course delivery details
How you'll learn
Every course is broken down into manageable modules, designed to accelerate your learning process through diverse learning activities:
- Work through your instructional material online
- Interact with your peers and learning facilitators through the online forum to discuss subject related issues and to network with your fellow learners
- Investigate relevant, real-world case studies
- Apply what you learn each week to ongoing project
- UK Individuals and UK Companies (VAT): £1799 + VAT @ 20%
- EU Individuals and EU Companies (No VAT to pay): £1799 | $2429
- Individual or Company outside the EU (No VAT to pay): £1799 | $2429
Certification / Credits
Your Digital Badge!
You can now have a digital version of your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Certification!
Powered by Credly, your Lloyd’s Maritime Academy Digital Badge is an online version of your credentials that contains a description of your Award, Demonstrated Skills and what it took to obtain your Certificate qualification.
What you'll learn
- The impact Ballast Water has upon the environment and how it can be addressed
- Clear guidance and a thorough understanding of the BWM Convention, and how it is implemented
- The roles and responsibilities within ballast water management
- The processes and requirements for ballast water treatment technologies and the operational and safety issues surrounding it
- The standards of sampling and monitoring ballast water, in order to understand and comply with ballast water management
- The risks involved in ballast water management and the guidelines set out by the IMO
Contact this provider
We are part of the Informa Connect division of Informa PLC, a FTSE 100 company with a network of Internationally respected brands that connect specialists through events, training, intelligence and scholarly publishing. Our purpose is to connect our customers to...