Understanding Communication Dynamics to Build Your Professional Credibility
Learn simple yet powerful communication strategies to reduce communication errors and boost credibility.
Miscommunications can create unnecessary stress, costly workplace errors, lost productivity, and damage important relationships and credibility. These conditions can lead to a reduction in trust, confidence, and morale, driving a wedge between employees and their peers and leaders. Often people recognize that poor communication is the cause, yet they dont know what to do to be more effective communicators. This course will provide you with simple yet powerful communication strategies to reduce communication errors. The strategies will build skills and abilities, enhance relationships, increase confidence and collaboration, and build a culture of trust.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
This live webinar is designed for administrative assistants, executive assistants, office administrators, secretaries, office managers, and other administrative professionals.
Recognizing the Four Different Communication Styles
- Overview of the Four Different Communication Styles: Passive, Aggressive, Passive-Aggressive, and Assertive
- Recognizing Each Style Through Behaviors and Language
Identifying Your Communication Style
- Identifying Your Predominant Communication Style Through the Lens of the DiSC Profile
- Understanding What Other Styles Need for Effective Communication
Verbal and Nonverbal Communication
- Using I Statements
- Using Pitch, Tone, and Speed to Convey Meaning
- The Importance of Nonverbal Communication
Overcoming Barriers to Effective Communication
- Understanding the Communication/Feedback Loop
- Identifying Common Barriers
- Avoiding Language That Diminishes Credibility
- Asking Questions to Ensure Understanding
Developing Effective Communication Skills
- Establishing Strong Connections Virtually
- Being a Good Listener
- The Link Between Effective Communication and Success
Certification / Credits
Credits: ASAP PACE ,IAAP
Contact this provider
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Courses
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of online professional development and corporate training for organizations and individual professionals. For more than 30 years, Lorman has delivered relevant, high-quality, professional-level courses that cover a broad range of business and technical...