How to Manage Different Personalities: Everyday Struggles and Proven Solutions
Understand the everyday struggles caused by personality differences and learn communication strategies to connect, motivate, and reduce conflict.
A majority of unhealthy conflict occurs because of miscommunication rooted in personality differences. In fact, research shows that personality clashes are one of the top causes of workplace drama. Personality has a tremendous impact on workplace interactions because it influences how we perceive the situations, how we prefer to communicate, environmental preferences, how we are motivated, and how we sabotage ourselves in distress. Most models of personality raise awareness but don’t teach new communication behaviors.
When we know what to look for, we see that how people communicate is incredibly consistent, observable, and predictable. This topic will help you understand the everyday struggles caused by personality differences and share new communication strategies to connect, motivate, and reduce conflict with all types. Leave with more confidence to turn personality differences into an opportunity for greater connection, innovation, and engagement.
Who should attend?
This live webinar is designed for
- team leaders
- employee relations managers
- human resource managers.
Personality: What Is It and Why Does It Matter?
- What Is Personality and How It Impacts Workplace Interactions
- It's Not What You Say, but How You Say It
- Common Everyday Struggles: Personality Clashes and Miscommunication
Types in People, Not Types of People
- The Anatomy of Personality
- The Six PCM Personality Types in Each of Us
- Communication Preferences and Motivational Needs
- Impact of the Pandemic on Personality
Communicating Effectively With Different Personality Types
- How to Recognize Miscommunication
- How to Communicate With Each Personality Type
- How to Positively Motivate Each Personality Type
Managing Your Own Personality
- Self-Fullness and Personal Responsibility
- Three Steps for Increasing Personality Agility and Reducing Burnout
- Building a Culture of Personality Inclusion
Certification / Credits
- You will be able to describe the impact of personality on workplace interactions.
- You will be able to recognize the difference between healthy communication and unhealthy miscommunication.
- You will be able to explain how to adapt healthy communication for each of the six Kahler personality types.
- You will be able to define the key features of a personality inclusive culture.
Contact this provider
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Courses
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of online professional development and corporate training for organizations and individual professionals. For more than 30 years, Lorman has delivered relevant, high-quality, professional-level courses that cover a broad range of business and technical...