Form 5500 Filing Requirements With Wrap Documents
Gain an understanding of the Form 5500 requirements for Wrap Documents and make sure you are in compliance.
Each year, thousands of employers are fined by the Department of Labor for failing to submit an annual Form 5500 or for providing incorrect information on Form 5500. These forms are important disclosure tools used by the government to protect plan participants and beneficiaries and the fines associated with noncompliance are very costly. Many employers who utilize Wrap Documents struggle to navigate the complicated instructions and either fail to complete or fail to submit Form 5500, resulting in significant penalties.
This topic helps those individuals responsible for compliance to understand the Form 5500 requirements for Wrap Documents. It explains how to fill out these forms correctly and what to do to get in compliance with federal law. This information is critical for employers so they can ensure they are meeting their obligations under ERISA and avoiding fines that could easily reach hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
Who should attend?
This live webinar is designed for:
- Human Resource and Benefits Managers
- Employee Relations Managers
- Payroll Professionals
- Business Owners and Managers
- Presidents and Vice Presidents
- Wrap Documents: Purpose, Types, Requirements
- Form 5500: In-Depth Review
- Case Studies and Best Practices
- Background and Component Parts
- ERISA Requirements
- Considerations for Compliance
- Filing - Who, What, How?
- Compliance and Penalties
- Case Studies and the DFVCP
Certification / Credits
- You will be able to define a wrap document and explain how it differs from a standard summary plan description
- You will be able to describe the purposes of a wrap document the different types and the requirements under ERISA
- You will be able to explain how to fill out and file a Form 5500 for a wrap document and the penalties associated with noncompliance
- You will be able to review a Form 5500 for a wrap document for compliance purposes
Contact this provider
Lorman Education Services - Live and On-Demand Courses
Lorman Education Services is a leading provider of online professional development and corporate training for organizations and individual professionals. For more than 30 years, Lorman has delivered relevant, high-quality, professional-level courses that cover a broad range of business and technical...