Conference for Frontline SupervisorsLeader Development Institute
Conference for Frontline Supervisors
All available course dates
Conference for Frontline Supervisors
The Conference for Frontline Supervisors is a one- or two-day event designed by Leader Development Institute to help supervisors and managers develop essential supervisory and management skills. For experienced supervisors and managers, and even people just starting out in such positions, this is an opportunity to develop skills in leading employees to improved individual, team, and organizational performance. The Conference is a collection of eight hard-hitting modules that allow you to pick and choose what is important to the organization and the needs of your supervisors. Want to cover all eight modules? That too can be done. Each module is 1.5 hours long, four modules are presented in a day. Choose the modules you want, and we'll build the program for you. Supervision, Leadership, Management, Teambuilding, Conference, Values
What You Will Cover
Module 1 – Owning Your Career and Why It Matters
- Understand the importance of taking charge of your career destination
- Identify the differences between a job and a career
- Understanding the leadership cycle and how to take advantage of it
- Recognize the three elements necessary for succeeding in your career
- Develop an action plan for career success
- Develop your own brand
Module 2 – Making the Transition from Non-Supervising Employee to Supervisor
- Setting the stage for success
- How to delegate more effectively . . . stop reverse delegation
- Turn around unacceptable behavior
- Technical skills or leadership skills
Module 3 – Five Key Principles of the Successful Supervisors
- Character-The foundational principle
- COP-Three things you MUST have to be a successful supervisor
- The #1 secret to your success as a supervisor
- Supervision-The force multiplier-Getting things done through others
- Leading your team through change
Module 4 – Managing Up
- Plan how to become a &'Partner' vs. &'Worker'
- Getting to know your supervisor
- Building trust and credibility
- When and how to say 'No' to the boss
- Find ways to create a more value-added role.
Module 5 – Time Management . . . An Urban Legend
- Defining what's important – 'Organizing your closet'
- Be the Ringmaster – not the beast. Managing the events around you
- Developing a time map. You need a system, life sucks without one.
- How to eliminate time busters, meetings, interruptions and busy work
Module 6 – How to Engage and Influence Employees, Colleagues and Leaders
- Pre-suasion – Preparing to influence
- Why influence fails before we begin
- Persuasion Success factors
- The 6 principles of influence
Module 7 – Project Management for Supervisors
- The five phases of project management – a miracle isn't one of them.
- Triple Constraints
- How to prevent 'things' from falling through the cracks
- Estimating your time line more accurately.
- Track and brief your projects with clarity
Module 8 - Prepare for Mission Success With Powerful Strategic Thinking And Planning
- Barriers to strategic thinking
- Tools to use to facilitate strategic thinking
- Ideas to foster strategic/organizational agility
- An 11-step strategic planning model
- Strategic planning maturity model
Course delivery details
Available on-site programming.
Why choose LDi?
Vast catalog of courses in professional and personal development
We dedicate our time to each client tailoring to their specific needs. Our core values speak for themselves.
Our instructors are subject matter experts with proven experience in their training topics.
Leader Development Institute
At Leader Development Institute (LDi) we firmly believe in the need for quality, effective course development and training for both the private and public sectors. LDi is dedicated to developing the leaders of tomorrow - at home, at work, across...
Contact this provider
Average rating 5Based on 3 reviews.
Loved the Stand Up - have started using it immediately
Loved the given tools such as the Stand Up
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
Major takeaway for me during this seminar - The relationship between communication and matching expectations.