Instructional Design for New Designers - Live OnlineLangevin Learning Services Inc.
Instructional Design for New Designers - Live Online
All available course dates
Instructional Design for New Designers - Live Online
This fundamental Instructional Design for New Designers train-the-trainer workshop provides you with a proven step-by-step instructional design process. Learn how to confidently apply Langevin’s 12-Step Design Cycle. Our methodology provides you with time-saving shortcuts that produce better courses faster. You’ll also receive simple, yet powerful tools and resources designed to ensure your courses are highly interactive, engaging, and lively.
This workshop is delivered in a live online format and is also available as on-site (in person)/company specific/exclusive virtual session. For programs held or attended in Canada, listed prices will be charged in CAD. Please contact Langevin for more details.
In light of COVID-19, this provider is now delivering some or all of their courses online. Contact them for more information!
Who should attend?
For trainers who have less than one year of experience in course design. It is also intended for trainers who have been designing for more than one year but have no formal training in course design using an ISD model.
- Plan instructional design projects.
- Work with subject-matter experts.
- Analyze learners to target course content.
- Determine constraints affecting course design.
- Compile a task listing.
- Prioritize job tasks.
- Conduct a task analysis to determine course content.
- Write performance-based course objectives.
- Design tests and exercises to evaluate performance.
- Select the most appropriate instructional methods.
- Determine the best structure and “flow” for a course.
- Apply principles of adult learning.
- Develop course materials (e.g. lesson plan, manual).
- Validate course design.
- Evaluate course effectiveness.
What you will learn
- Key questions to ask when a project is assigned to you.
- Tips for planning a successful design project.
- What short-cuts to take if design time is limited (and which ones not to take).
- How to estimate design time.
- 4 factors to consider in determining design priorities.
- Tips for handling organizational politics.
- Guidelines for reducing course length.
- How training designs differ from educational designs.
- The pros and cons of traditional training strategies and e-learning strategies.
- How to best use job aids in training.
- How to compile a complete project for management/client approval.
- The most critical things you need to know about learners.
- Where to find information about learners.
- What to do if learners have diverse backgrounds.
- How to develop performance-based content.
- How much theory/background material to include in a course.
- 8 errors to avoid in task listing.
- How to conduct a thorough task analysis (with multiple examples for different types of content).
- Tips for making course content meaningful and relevant to learners.
- How to prioritize course content to keep it lean.
- How to deal with “soft” skills (e.g. customer service, management, sales, leadership, ethics, etc.).
- How to work effectively with SMEs, clients, and line managers (and your own boss).
- How to create a solid design even if you aren’t an expert.
- How to write objectives quickly and easily.
- When to test learners.
- The 4 major types of tests and how to design them.
- The best testing pattern for any course.
- How to determine if pre- or post-course work is required.
- 50 instructional methods you can use in your courses.
- How to incorporate a variety of methods into the training.
- 12 guidelines for selecting the most appropriate methods.
- How much content to cover at one time.
- How much content to cover in a typical day.
- How much practice to build into a lesson.
- A 6-step learning strategy for structuring your courses.
- How to make your courses modular.
- The best method of sequencing course content.
- Proven principles of adult learning.
- How to maximize learner practice.
- 15 tips for increasing learners’ attention span.
- How to build group cohesiveness.
- Techniques for encouraging healthy competition.
- 8 guidelines for managing instructional time efficiently.
- Selecting the best way to provide feedback to learners.
- 10 tips for meeting learners’ individual needs.
- The top 10 ways for increasing learner motivation.
- How to guarantee everyone participates.
- Types of activities to schedule based on time of day.
- How to make your courses fun and exciting.
- When to schedule breaks and energizers.
- How to prevent boredom.
- The best time to conduct reviews and summaries.
- How to get managers to reinforce your training.
- 14 proven methods for promoting the transfer of new skills to the job.
- How to keep materials at the best reading level.
- The recommended way to set up instructor lesson plans.
- 22 items to put into instructor lesson plans.
- How to design materials for inexperienced instructors.
- How to design handouts.
- The secret to creating “shelf-resistant” course manuals.
- How to create easy-to-update materials.
- The 3 phases of course validation.
- A fail-safe approach for testing a course when you just don’t have enough time.
- A versatile checklist for assessing your courses or vendor materials.
- The 4 types of evaluation.
- Items to include in course evaluations.
- 5 sample evaluation forms.
- How to measure learning.
- How to measure improvements in job performance.
- Why courses fail (13 major design errors and how to avoid them).
Why choose Langevin Learning Services Inc.?
35+ years helping learning professionals achieve success in their careers
20,000+ people have achieved Langevin's professional trainer certification
82% of Fortune 500 companies send their trainers to Langevin
About Langevin Learning Services Inc.
Langevin Learning Services Inc.
For more than 35 years, Langevin has been a provider of highly renowned workshops, professional certifications, and products for trainers and business professionals. They are committed to providing practical, real-world, performance-based workshops and products guaranteed to set you up for...
Average rating 5Based on 20 reviews.
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...