Advanced Instructional DesignLangevin Learning Services Inc.
Advanced Instructional Design
All available course dates
Advanced Instructional Design
This Advanced Instructional Design train-the-trainer workshop is intended for those who already have a good foundation in the basic principles of instructional design. You’ll spend your time designing various instructional methods using step-by-step, user-friendly templates that are proven to speed up your instructional design efforts. Each method you create will be piloted in real-time with a live audience. Make your materials relevant for learners and foolproof for instructors.
This workshop is also available as on-site/company specific. For programs held or attended in Canada, listed prices will be charged in CAD. Please contact Langevin for more details.
In light of COVID-19, this provider is now delivering some or all of their courses online. Contact them for more information!
Who should attend?
For instructional designers with at least one year of experience in design using an ISD model. Also intended for those who have attended a course in basic instructional design and wish to improve their development of methods and materials for instructors and participants.
- Implement the 6-step “Learning Strategy” into all materials to assure proper course structure.
- Match the best methods of instruction to content and learners’ needs.
- Build adult learning principles into course design.
- Design interactive lectures.
- Design discussions that build participation.
- Design behavior modeling presentations.
- Design focused and clear technical demonstrations.
- Design realistic practice exercises.
- Design performance checklists that guide learners in flawless performance.
- Design realistic simulations.
- Design peer reviews that work.
- Design role-plays using one of five variations.
- Design case studies that engage learners.
- Design games to apply content.
- Design debriefing sessions to enhance learning.
- Design feedback sessions that will help transfer skills to the job.
- Select the best format for lesson plans and leaders’ guides.
- Validate instructional methods and materials.
What you will learn
- How to simplify and speed up the course development process.
- The 6-step “Learning Strategy” for modular design.
- How to achieve higher levels of learner participation and interaction.
- Over 50 instructional methods and creative variations.
- How to build lively, interesting courses that increase learner motivation and maximize learning.
- How to create foolproof materials for instructors to deliver a course successfully.
- Strategies that ensure learning occurs and transfers to the job.
- How to use Langevin templates to create effective training and produce consistent results – even if you’re not an expert.
- How to create highly interactive buzz sessions.
- Neighbor discussions for 100% participation.
- 11 interactive lecture variations.
- 7 tips for designing successful discussions.
- Interactive behavior modeling designs to add interest.
- Guidelines for designing powerful technical and software demonstrations.
Application (Practice) and Feedback Methods
- 10 ways to make role-plays realistic and easy for instructors to use.
- Tips for ensuring meaningful debriefing sessions.
- 4 key debriefing questions to assess learning and transfer to the job.
- How to design interactive case studies that are realistic.
- Simulations that include real-world standards and conditions.
- Guidelines for choosing the most effective feedback methods.
- A powerful peer review approach.
- Guidelines for designing successful and fun games.
Why choose Langevin Learning Services Inc.?
35+ years helping learning professionals achieve success in their careers
20,000+ people have achieved Langevin's professional trainer certification
82% of Fortune 500 companies send their trainers to Langevin
About Langevin Learning Services Inc.
Langevin Learning Services Inc.
For more than 35 years, Langevin has been a provider of highly renowned workshops, professional certifications, and products for trainers and business professionals. They are committed to providing practical, real-world, performance-based workshops and products guaranteed to set you up for...
Contact this provider
Average rating 5Based on 6 reviews.
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...
1,799 USD-2,399 USD