Evaluation of TrainingLangevin Learning Services Inc.
Evaluation of Training
All available course dates
Evaluation of Training
This comprehensive Evaluation of Training (train-the-trainer) workshop shows you how to build and communicate a compelling case for the effectiveness of your training programs. Return to work with the most comprehensive process, tools, and best practices to make a seemingly complex process simple and easy to implement.
This workshop is also available as on-site/company specific. For programs held or attended in Canada, listed prices will be charged in CAD. Please contact Langevin for more details.
In light of COVID-19, this provider is now delivering some or all of their courses online. Contact them for more information!
Who should attend?
For training professionals who want to evaluate the effectiveness of their training programs, communicate success, and contribute to their organization’s bottom line.
- Determine the scope of an evaluation project.
- Analyze pre-training baseline and expected performance.
- Determine organizational support for training evaluation.
- Prepare an evaluation plan.
- Design evaluation instruments.
- Collect evaluation data.
- Verify the validity and reliability of evaluation data.
- Calculate the return-on-investment (ROI) of training.
- Assess the return-on-expectations (ROE) of training.
- Determine the results obtained from training.
- Isolate non-training variables from training results.
- Identify employee application of new skills.
- Identify employee learning level.
- Identify employee reactions to training.
- Analyze training problems and improvements.
- Prepare an evaluation report.
- Communicate evaluation results with impact.
What you will learn
- How to make critical planning decisions that will guarantee success.
- The 4 levels of evaluation: reaction, learning, application, and results, including return-on-investment (ROI).
- Step-by-step procedures to successfully evaluate any training program – even “soft” skills.
- How to turn “fuzzy” training expectations into measurable results.
- Proven methods for getting management buy-in.
- 7 key steps for planning a highly successful evaluation.
- How to write a concrete evaluation goal.
- 4 practical ways to determine baseline and expected performance.
- Where to look (and who to see) to get the right data.
- Simple ways to involve management in the evaluation process.
- 5 key elements to make your data more accurate and convincing.
- Practical and time-saving methods that will give you the confidence to tackle any training situation.
- Over 30 proven evaluation tools – including many novel variations.
- Fail-safe checklists to make your evaluation highly credible.
- How to collect evidence that supports your case.
- Practical guidelines on when to use each tool.
- 2 main types of evidence that support the case for training results.
- 4 major concerns in creating application instruments.
- 2 categories of tests that verify learning.
- 5 question types to determine reactions to training.
- How to select the best evaluation tools at all 4 levels.
- Over 40 realistic examples of instruments.
- How to select the ideal time and location to collect data.
- 10 ways to get full participation from all people involved.
- How to maximize return rates.
- Which tools are easiest to administer.
- Who should be involved in administering instruments.
- How to collect data when ideal conditions don’t exist.
- Common pitfalls and how to avoid them.
- How to conduct relevant and efficient evaluations immediately after the workshop.
- How to calculate the impact of training using both proven and innovative techniques.
- Step-by-step procedures to calculate costs and benefits of training.
- How to find convincing evidence of training’s real impact on the organization.
- 8 key questions to isolate training from other changes in the organization.
- How to substantiate your findings.
- 12 criteria to guarantee accurate and consistent data before, during, and after training.
- How to deal with tangible and intangible data.
- 5 ways to convert tangible data into dollar values.
- How to interpret performance information and take the best course of action.
- 6 insightful questions that tie management expectations into evaluation.
- Simple methods for calculating the return-on-investment (ROI) of any course.
- An approach for determining how well training met non-financial expectations.
- How to build a compelling case for the value of your training.
- The 5 key components of a professional evaluation report.
- A structured worksheet that helps you prepare a rock-solid report.
- How to write an impressive evaluation report that gets the attention of management.
- A classic example of a completed report – including an easy-to-follow format.
- Step-by-step procedures for reporting results and making constructive recommendations to management.
- Best practices for delivering difficult messages.
Why choose Langevin Learning Services Inc.?
35+ years helping learning professionals achieve success in their careers
20,000+ people have achieved Langevin's professional trainer certification
82% of Fortune 500 companies send their trainers to Langevin
About Langevin Learning Services Inc.
Langevin Learning Services Inc.
For more than 35 years, Langevin has been a provider of highly renowned workshops, professional certifications, and products for trainers and business professionals. They are committed to providing practical, real-world, performance-based workshops and products guaranteed to set you up for...
Contact this provider
Average rating 5Based on 2 reviews.
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...
1,799 USD-2,399 USD