The Event Planning and Management Certificate covers the essentials of hosting and managing memorable, safe, and effective events. Students will explore a wide range of event types from corporate to special events. The program covers topics such as risk management, site selection, contracts, and marketing, and budgeting of various event-types. It’s ideal for anyone looking to start a career in event planning or expand their expertise in the hospitality industry.
Who should attend?
- New and aspiring managers and experienced planners who want to learn the latest industry trends
- Administrative assistants who plan and coordinate events
- Meeting, conference, and event coordinators
- Career-changers seeking education and training
- Those needing event planning and management education to obtain an entry-level position or expand career opportunities in the future
- Professionals working in related fields such as lighting, sound, audio-visual, decor, catering, and entertainment
Prerequisite: High school diploma or equivalent. Working knowledge of computers and access to a computer and the internet are required.
- Understanding event types and resources
- Professionalism and ethics
- Projecting and budgeting
- Site selection
- Risk management
- Marketing and promotion
- Legal responsibilities
- Social media
- Event technology
- Security and more
Course delivery details
- Delivery Method: Hyflex
- Total Hours: 36
- Class Sessions: 12
- Dates : 1/11/2022 to 3/29/2022
Hyflex (Hybrid + Flex): Our hybrid classes offer a blend of scheduled live course meetings and online coursework. For live meetings, you may register to join the instructor in the physical classroom or join the class meeting online broadcast from your preferred location. You will complete the online coursework on your own while adhering to the course schedule and completion date.
The program fee is $999 (USD).
Certification / Credits
As any courses taken through the College of Professional Education are awarded CEUs (Continuing Education Units), this course grants you 3.6 CEUs.
Contact this provider
KSU - College of Professional Education |
From earlier spring 2020, we changed our name from the College of Graduate and Professional to the College of Professional Education. The revision is small but meaningful. To be certain, we remain committed to our community-based initiatives, including our excellent summer camps,...