User Experience (UX) FoundationsHuman Factors International
User Experience (UX) Foundations
All available course dates
User Experience (UX) Foundations
This course focuses on the skills and knowledge also covered in the Certified Usability Analyst (CUA)™ examination. A solid working understanding of the key foundational research-based models and insights essential to the user experience (UX) field is imperative for design. Without this foundation you will design based on common sense, which is very often wrong.
Learn to apply the key understandings about human vision, intellect, memory, and motor functions—which underlie the thinking of every skilled UX professional—directly to design decisions.
Who should attend?
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
Who should attend
Usability practitioners, website/intranet developers, application developers, interface designers, project managers— with the desire to explore and apply scientific usability research to their practical, daily work.
Understanding user experience
A panoramic overview of UX
- Core of the field
You do not see the way you THINK you see
- It is NOT like a camera
- Visual link analysis
- Wiggly things are distracting
- Objects are inferred and distance is relative
You do not make decisions the way you THINK you do
- No, you can’t do three things at once (and neither can your user)
- Design for human speed
- Using signal detection theory
- Design for arousal and stress
You do not remember the way you THINK you do
- It is NOT like a tape recorder
- Design so that they don’t have to remember
- Helping users remember
- Engineering schemata
- The power of expectation and bubbles
You do not move the way you THINK you do
- No, your movement is not always voluntary and under conscious control
- But how can you walk and talk at the same time?
- Motor programs
- Movement speed
- Train wrecks with proactive inhibition
- Designing for biomechanics and anthropometry
Know thy user
Designing for users, not yourself
- What are things you need to know about your user? (Free dinner for two if you can add to our list!)
- Accessibility is not just about vision and making Jaws
- Careful! the icons you choose may have varied meanings around the world.
You need to read the research literature, but you need to KNOW what to believe
- Can you believe it?
- Lies, damn lies, and statistics
Every successful journey needs a roadmap
- Options for learning more
- Professional level courses
- A lifetime of achievement
Please contact the provider for pricing details
Certification / Credits
What you’ll learn
- How good UX design is dependent on a scientific understanding of how people function
- How the key research-based models, insights and principles in the UX field impact design. This includes aspects of human vision, intellect, memory, and size and motor control
- Various methods that directly apply these models, insights, and principles to design of interactive applications
- Variation in users that impact design
- Individual differences
- Cultural differences
- Sources of research and insights for UX professionals
- Pathways to excellence in the UX profession.
What you get
- Real-world examples and practical tips from our instructors who are also active UX consultants
- Hands-on individual and group exercises to ensure conceptual understanding
- Training package that includes:
- A comprehensive student manual
- A student exercise book
- A summary study guide
- Usability glossary
- Usability resources
- Quick reference job aids
Why choose Human Factors International?
100,000+ professionals trained so far
8,500+ certified professionals worldwide
Global Leader in UX Consulting and Training
About Human Factors International
Human Factors International
HFI specializes in providing practical user experience design training for everyone from new to advanced design professionals. To meet your career goals, Human Factors International (HFI) offers three certification tracks: Certified Usability Analyst (CUA)™ Certified User Experience Analyst (CXA)™ Certified...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...