How to Design for Persuasion, Emotion, and TrustHuman Factors International
How to Design for Persuasion, Emotion, and Trust
All available course dates
How to Design for Persuasion, Emotion, and Trust
This course focuses on the skills and knowledge also covered in the Certified User Experience Analyst (CXA)™ examination. Persuasion, emotion, and trust are critical factors for creating successful online interactions. The growing reliance on e-channels makes an engaging customer experience more important than ever. This course provides the essential knowledge to transition from being a classical usability engineer to become a complete user experience (UX) designer.
Learn to develop persuasive strategies and implement research-based methods throughout the design process to make your website more trustworthy and convincing. You can deepen relationships with your customers by learning how they make decisions that lead to conversion.
Who should attend?
- Practical experience in user-centered requirements, design, and usability testing, analysis, and evaluation techniques
- Strong desire to learn how persuasion, emotion, and trust research methodologies can be effectively applied to the design of conversion-based and decision-making interaction design
Who should attend
Usability and UX professionals, marketing professionals, graphic and visual designers, web and application designers, mobile and wireless interaction designers, and product designers.
Introduction—The Persuasion Quest
Learn about the history of the field, how PET is additive and fully complementary to classic usability, and why PET will change the way you consider and design for your customer’s web experience forever!
Designing for Trust
Before you can persuade customers to act, you must ensure that your site engenders trust. Learn how to: design for credibility and trust, take hygiene factors into consideration, and how various online “markers” engender trust, such as credible organizations, design quality, FAQs, citations, current content, archives, testimonials, and more.
Learn how to tap customer emotion to increase engagement via proven psychological principles, including: utility, practicality, and drive fulfillment; hierarchy, specificity, and depth of needs; eliciting negative and positive emotions; optimal levels of stimulation; and more.
Once the emotions are tapped, we’ll introduce you to the science of persuasion. Learn the psychological constructs required to get your consumers to act — every time. Discover how to use pay, impression, and pressure to your advantage via: extrinsic rewards, unanticipated costs, contrast principle, social proof, social learning, the power of people we like, scarcity, and more.
Overview of HFI’s PET design Process
Persuasion methodology is not new, but putting it into practice is. Learn how HFI has created a persuasion process and methodology that consists of PET: assessment, testing and review, user research and design, structure, research and analysis, strategy, and validation.
PET–Focused Personas and Scenarios
The underpinnings of persuasion design are the tools that classic usability analysts use, but with a PET twist. Learn where PET personas and scenarios come from, understand persona variables, learn the differences between PET and classic scenarios, and how to build PET scenarios.
Initial Assessment Methods
Learn how the PET test and PET review uncover data that will enable you to take what you’ve learned so far and apply it to your site. Learn how to utilize: emotional reports, video, eye tracking data, persona emotion reports, persuasion strategies, the seducible moment, and more.
User Research Methods
In order to target your PET Tools, you’ll want to talk to your customers. In this track, you’ll get a taste of a technique used to understand the emotional landscape of your customers.
PET Tactical Changes
Now you’ve learned about persuasion, emotion, and trust, as well as how to assess your site and conduct customer research. In this section, you’ll learn how to make quick, easy, high impact changes to the existing design. This is PET design for the real world, where you normally can’t do a complete redesign just for PET.
Steeped in proven psychology, PET is teachable, repeatable and, perhaps most importantly, predictable. But you’ll still want to show that those predictions came true. Learn how to validate your design to see if your persuasion methods are working, if you are eliciting the desired emotions, and if your customers “will do” what you want them to do.
Please contact the provider for pricing details
Certification / Credits
What you’ll learn
- Applying core methods and tools for persuasive and emotional design—create a persuasion strategy
- Evaluating sites on the basis of persuasion, emotion, and trust
- Using PET Design markers to identify persuasion, emotion, or trust design elements in your own prototypes or designs
- Integrating PET-related requirements into your data gathering and interaction design process
- Building personas specifically to research, probe, and analyze PET-related factors
- Constructing designs and persuasion flows based on users’ drives and blocks
- Validating the persuasiveness and emotional impact of your designs
- Leveraging the research that continues to shape this rapidly evolving discipline.
What you get
- Real-world examples and practical tips from our instructors who are also active UX consultants
- Hands-on individual and group exercises to ensure conceptual understanding
- Training package that includes:
- A comprehensive student manual
- Work book and resource guide including course exercises, website and publication references, glossary
Why choose Human Factors International?
100,000+ professionals trained so far
8,500+ certified professionals worldwide
Global Leader in UX Consulting and Training
About Human Factors International
Human Factors International
HFI specializes in providing practical user experience design training for everyone from new to advanced design professionals. To meet your career goals, Human Factors International (HFI) offers three certification tracks: Certified Usability Analyst (CUA)™ Certified User Experience Analyst (CXA)™ Certified...
Contact this provider
Have a question about this course? Fill out this form and the provider will get in touch with you shortly
No reviews available
Need help with your search?
findcourses.com offers a free consultancy service to help compare training for you and your team
You may also like...
Corporate / Group Training