Communicating for Influence and Impact
Earn an official certificate of professional achievement from University of Cambridge
Strong communication skills can help you to achieve impact and accelerate change for the benefit of society. As systems become increasingly volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous, finely tuned communication skills can help foster collaboration, improve problem-solving, and impact decision-making. Whether in social groups or business organisations, leaders across all segments of society and industry need to leverage communication to better meet objectives, influence stakeholders, and drive positive change.
The Communicating for Influence and Impact online short course from the University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership (CISL) provides comprehensive insights and a range of tools to develop impactful communication. Throughout the programme, you'll learn how to communicate in a purpose-driven way to overcome barriers to success and get the opportunity to assess your leadership style. You’ll also learn communication techniques to help shape the future you want, while earning a certificate of completion validating your newfound skills.
Who should attend?
Is this course for you?
This online short course is designed to help existing and aspiring leaders to become more effective communicators, and to influence change within and beyond their networks. It’s beneficial to all professionals who are driven to align business success with the delivery of positive social and environmental outcomes. The course curriculum is suited to those looking to build on past training and experience with an online programme designed to provide communication tools and skills to maximise influence and impact, while championing authenticity and integrity.
Improve your leadership and communication skills to influence change as you work through the weekly modules of this online short course.
The need for impactful communication
The role of communication in shaping society
Attributes of an effective communicator
Communicate effectively using listening and storytelling
Purpose-driven communication and influence
Influence change within and beyond your network
Collaborating to achieve impact
Maximising your influence and impact
Course delivery details
- 8 weeks (excluding orientation)
- 8-10 hours per week,Self-paced learning online
Certification / Credits
- Gain the skills to become an influential communicator and earn an official certificate of completion from the University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership.
- Assessment is continuous and based on a series of practical assignments completed online. In order to be issued with a certificate, you’ll need to meet the requirements outlined in the course handbook. The handbook will be made available to you as soon as you begin the course.
What will set you apart
On completion of this course, you’ll walk away with:
- The tools to effectively and persuasively communicate with various stakeholders in your network.
- A Personal Impact Plan to achieve meaningful change within and beyond your organisation.
- Skills to inspire and motivate others to drive innovation and sustainability at a systems level.
- Access to professionals from around the world as a member of the CISL global alumni network.
- Unlimited access to 2U’s Career Engagement Network, offering you exclusive resources and events to support your professional journey and drive your career forward.
Why choose GetSmarter?
- Data-driven course selection
- Outcomes-based design
- People-mediated delivery
GetSmarter™, powered by 2U, is an online learning expert with over 10 years' experience in developing premium online short courses from the world’s leading universities and institutions. We are powered by 2U to support you in unlocking your potential through...