Managing the Media
Tomorrow a business reporter is interviewing you about your firm’s new product. What should you say? What’s your key message? What if the questions are challenging? Will this interview go better than the last one? How do you prepare?
Challenge & Solution
Whether it’s good news or bad, interacting with a reporter is challenging. Before beginning an interview, you need to feel prepared for the array of questions that might come. That preparation requires a consistent message and the communication agility to bridge back to that message.
Exec-Comm’sManaging the Mediaprogram gives you the skills to face reporters, feeling calm and confident by practicing every aspect of a hard hitting interview.
After participating in this program, you will:
- Project a professional and credible corporate image appropriate for any situation
- Quickly organize thoughts for media interviews
- Understand media relations and a reporter’s intent
- Control hostile and off-putting questions
- Adjust responses and demeanor appropriately for various audiences and issues
- Create and bridge to an effective corporate message
- Control the flow and direction of an interview
You will acquire skills through video recording, group exercises, business specific interviews, and instructor coaching. A typical half-hour includes about 10 minutes of briefing and 20 minutes of practice and skill building.
Customization & Sustainability
- Content:We can tailor the title, skills, exercises, and timing to meet your needs.
- Setting:This program works in large group, small group, and one-on-one settings.
- Duration:From standard two-day programs to brief showcases or webinars, we can work within your timeframe.
- Sustainability Tools: We provide “skills trackers,” checklists, planners, email reminders, access to ECLearn.exec-comm.com, continued instructor access, and our book,Simply Said, to extend the learning and increase skill retention.
Upcoming start dates
Enquire for more information
- United States of America
Contact Exec-Comm for pricing information.
Why choose Exec Comm?
11 global hubs across NORAM, LATAM, EMEA & APAC
40 years in the professional development business
Trusted by 450+ major clients in various industries
Average rating 4.5
Excellent refresher - liked all the guidelines, and although I don’t like role-playing, it was key towards really absorbing the concepts. I think anyone who works with clients w...
Excellent instructors. On target information that is immediately useful. Some brand new and exciting ideas.
Contact this provider
Exec-Comm LLC is committed to offering the broadest range of communication skills training seminars on-site, online or at locations convenient to you. We train professionals around the world helping them communicate more effectively. Our goal is to improve your organization's...