Crisis Communication Skills
Your product is recalled. An accident happens on site. An employee commits a crime. All of these scenarios create a crisis situation, requiring a focused, clear and consistent response.
Challenge & Solution
When a business crisis occurs, how do you deal with two simultaneous issues: the crisis itself and the public’s perception of the crisis? Exec-Comm’sCrisis Communication Skillsseminar prepares your executives to control and communicate your corporate message during a crisis to the media and to your key targeted audiences.
After participating in this program, you will:
- Project an empathetic, professional and credible corporate image during any crisis
- Identify potential crises, determine impacted audiences and establish an effective and appropriate communication plan
- Quickly organize thoughts for media interviews
- Prepare for and deliver a negative news announcement
- Control investigative reporters and the flow of any interview, including “ambush” interviews
- Adjust responses and demeanor appropriately for various audiences and issues
- Create and bridge to an effective corporate message
- Conduct a crisis news conference
- Successfully testify at public hearings
You will acquire skills through video recording, group exercises, business specific role plays, and instructor coaching. A typical half-hour includes 10 minutes of instructor briefing and 20 minutes of practice and skill building.
Customization & Sustainability
- Content: We can tailor the title, skills, exercises, and timing to meet your needs.
- Setting: This program works in large group, small group, and one-on-one settings.
- Duration: From standard two-day programs to brief showcases or webinars, we can work within your timeframe.
- Sustainability Tools: We provide “skills trackers,” checklists, planners, email reminders, access to ECLearn.exec-comm.com, continued instructor access, and our book,Simply Said, to extend the learning and increase skill retention.
Upcoming start dates
Enquire for more information
- United States of America
Contact Exec-Comm for pricing information.
Why choose Exec Comm?
11 global hubs across NORAM, LATAM, EMEA & APAC
40 years in the professional development business
Trusted by 450+ major clients in various industries
Contact this provider
Exec-Comm LLC is committed to offering the broadest range of communication skills training seminars on-site, online or at locations convenient to you. We train professionals around the world helping them communicate more effectively. Our goal is to improve your organization's...