Different isn’t necessarily difficult.
How to have a better understanding of the people you live and work with.
We encounter different types of people every day. Everyone is unique. However, broadly speaking everyone can be categorized into different types according to their preferences and how they use them.
This short course is a standalone course for anyone interested in understanding about different personality types. It will give you insights to your own preferences and how these build into your personality type.
Understanding preferences and how they are expressed will help you to appreciate differences, work with these and communicate better with others. It compliments other courses that explore emotional intelligence in more depth.
The course covers the Jungian Theory of Personality Types looking at how you prefer to get your energy (Extraversion / Introversion), how you take in information (Sensing / Intuition), and how you process information (Thinking / Feeling).
Jung's work was further developed by Katharine Briggs and Isabel Briggs Myers to add a further dimension to look at how you choose to live your life (Judging / Perception).
You will become aware of the dynamics and patterns natural to each person's way of seeing, thinking, feeling and responding to the world.
Every personality type has its own specific way of communicating. Through this course you will expand your understanding of personality and communication to build up better relationships with your team, your manager, your clients - in fact, anyone with whom your regularly interact with. You will learn how to build trust, establish rapport, and work comfortably and productively with any Personality Type.
This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to understand the fundamentals of Personality Types and their influence on leadership and performance management.
With this course, you will gain an understanding of the key elements of the sixteen Personality Types based upon their preferences – Extraversion or Introversion, Sensing or Intuition, Thinking or Feeling, and Judging or Perceiving – and how each Type can affect leadership and performance management.
You will learn how to identify differences in Personality Types and how to adapt your management style to better interact with each type. Moreover, you will gain an in-depth insight into the importance of Personality Types and how they impact the overall dynamics of any team or company.
By the end of the course, you will have the necessary skills to analyze situations, develop effective strategies and techniques, and ultimately work more effectively with teams successfully using the right combination of leadership fundamentals and performance management.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Who This Course is For
- Anyone who wants to understand themselves better through self-awareness.
- Anyone interested in finding out about personality types and the best way to communicate with each.
- Anyone wanting to understand how others behave and how to best interact with them.
The course will be of interest to you if you are looking to learn more about yourself.
- A member of a team made up of a range of people.
- A leader or a manager responsible for a number of projects involving people.
- An interest in learning more about personality type.
- A willingness to complete the practical activities to grow and develop your self-awareness and build your relationship skills.
- Understanding Personality Types - Introduction to the Course
- Exploring the Four Preferences
- Further Information to Help you Understand Personality Types
Certification / Credits
What you will learn:
- The four preference scales defined by Jung and Myers / Briggs
- Understanding personality and personality types
- How you can work better with people who have different preferences to yours
- Assess your own Personality Type and what this means in both your private and professional life.
- Recognize ways to appreciate, value, and work more effectively with all sixteen personality types.
- Discover how to build deeper relationships through common understanding and improved communication.
- Identify applications in team building, communication, change, decision making and problem solving.
Why choose Ei4Change?
The most comprehensive range of online courses based on emotional intelligence
Courses taught and certified by experienced emotional intelligence coaches, trainers, and facilitators
500,000+ learners enrolled in over 195 countries
Contact this provider
Ei4Change is an innovative company specializing in providing online self-paced courses based on emotional intelligence. Our courses are designed to help individuals and teams increase their performance through better decision-making and stronger, more effective relationships through the application of emotional...