Writing Case Studies: Science of DeliveryThis course introduces you to the main elements of a good “science of delivery_”_ case study and teaches you how to plan your research, conduct interviews, and organize your writing.
The “science of delivery” begins with a simple observation. We often have a vision of the right policies or strategies for improving health, safety, and economic well being, but the real problem is getting things done. Even a simple policy intervention such as child vaccination requires much more than nurses and a stock of vaccine to be effective.
Case studies are a vital tool for sharing insight about the how of policy implementation and institutional reform. They trace the steps taken to produce results, show solutions people have devised to address anticipated challenges and overcome unanticipated obstacles. Case studies help us think about how to adapt approaches so that they work in different contexts.
This social science course is most suitable for:
- Practitioners who want to document and analyze their efforts to implement a program or build a new institution
- Researchers who want to trace how programs achieved results
- Graduate students who want an introduction to one type of case study method
No certificates, statements of accomplishment, or other credentials will be awarded in connection with this course.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more Information
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Princeton University, a partner institute of EdX.
3-5 hours per week
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Key elements of a science of delivery case study
- How to develop a research strategy
- How to plan and carry out an interview
- Strategies for handling common research challenges
- Ways to plan the writing process
- Stylistic conventions and standards that improve communication
- How to manage some common writing challenges
- Systems for complying with important ethical and legal standards
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...