Working in Teams: A Practical Guide
Teamwork is an essential component of most professional activities in the modern world. But what makes an effective team?
This course is an introduction to teamwork skills for all disciplines that will help you improve your own performance and that of your team.
It covers why teams are important, the roles of individuals in a team, systems and processes for effective teamwork and communication, and methods for addressing team conflict.
Throughout the course you will be provided with a range of tools and templates that you will be able to use with any team.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- What is a team? What can teamwork achieve and what are the traits of high-performing teams? The lifecycle of teams - forming, storming, norming and performing.
- Personalities and role preferences in teams What are the personalities, contexts, and social norms that underpin team interactions? How can we understand team working preferences and potential conflicts?
- Critique a hypothetical team Analyse the potential for success of a hypothetical team and the need for strategies.
- Everyday teamwork planning tools Tips for new teams, team meetings, project planning and team decision-making.
- Leadership, assertiveness, and cooperation Why everyone should develop these attributes and what are the frameworks for developing them for yourself. How to lead a team when your turn comes.
- Maintaining your team Effective communication, embracing diversity, and staying ahead of team conflict.
- Addressing team conflict The reality of team conflict and dysfunction, how conflict escalates, addressing team conflict and team dysfunction, and a DIY team problem solving diagnosis tool.
Course delivery details
This course is offered through The University of Queensland, a partner institute of EdX.
6-8 hours per week
- Verified Track -$99
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- What you need to know about teams - types of teams, lifecycle of teams, what makes high performing teams
- How to be an effective team member - commitment, team roles, leadership, communication
- The systems and processes for building high performance teams including team diagnosis tools
- How to understand and resolve team conflict and dysfunction
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...