Virtual Building Design for Engineers Using Autodesk Revit
Building Information Modeling (BIM) has initiated a sea change in the way that engineers approach the design and construction of buildings. Autocad, and 2D-centric methods in general, have been pushed aside to make way for 3D-centric workflows and design processes rooted in parametric modeling, interoperability, visualization, Work-sharing, and automation that leverage the latest advancements in computing technology. Advanced 3D modeling programs (including Autodesk Revit and others), simulations, augmented reality, virtual reality, and other technologies have presented design professionals and project teams with new opportunities to maximize design the efficiency, functionality, and performance of buildings, to streamline and optimize design and construction operations, to study building lifecycles, and to help mitigate the impact of buildings on the environment.
Who should attend?
- Week 1: BIM and VDC: What are they and why are they important?
- Week 2: Basic Revit modeling concepts
- Week 3: Basic Revit modeling - simple vertical building components
- Week 4: Basic Revit modeling - simple horizontal building elements
- Week 5: Documentation in Revit and Future Courses
Course delivery details
This course is offered through The University of Maryland, College Park, a partner institute of EdX.
2-4 hours per week
- Verified Track -$199
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
This introductory course will include the following:
- Introduction to basic BIM Theory and 3D modeling and parametric modeling
- Discussing the benefits of visualization, and basic Revit workflows
- Introduction to the Revit UI, basic Revit modeling tools, and general Revit functionality
- Tutorials on how to start a new Revit project and use Revit templates
- Tutorials on how to model simple building components in Revit, and how to create basic building views, including 3D views, elevations, plans, sections, and details.
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...