In REVIT MEP: Dimensions and Reference Planes, you'll learn ...
- The types of Dimensions and Reference Planes available
- The characteristics of the Dimensions and Reference Planes
- How to properly label REVIT Dimensions
Credit: 1 PDH
Length: 40 pages
THIS COURSE SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN TO FULFILL PDH REQUIREMENTS IN THE FOLLOWING STATES: NY, IL, MD, MI, NE
AutoDesk REVIT MEP is a software database used by engineers such as Electrical, Mechanical, and Plumbing to coordinate with each other and other disciplines such as Architects and Structural Engineers during the design process of a project. REVIT MEP can be used to create REVIT Families. REVIT Families are the building block for transferring information to the software database and receiving information from the software database when using REVIT MEP.
Two key concepts in a REVIT Family are “dimensions” and “reference planes.” The course discusses the following concepts:
- Dimensions, which are used to control an object’s shape or movement in a REVIT Family
- Definition of a dimension
- Different types of dimensions
- Inserting different types of dimensions in a REVIT Family
- Labeling different types of dimensions in a REVIT Family
- Characteristics regarding the different types of dimensions
- Reference planes, which are used as a platform for modeling (constructing) an object in a REVIT Family
- Definition of a reference plane
- Different types of reference planes
- Different types of views in a REVIT Family
- Modeling ground level and non-ground level objects in different views using reference planes
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Certificate of Completion
You will be able to immediately print a certificate of completion after passing a multiple-choice quiz consisting of 15 questions. PDH credits are not awarded until the course is completed and quiz is passed.
This course teaches the following specific knowledge and skills:
- Proper modeling for Ground and Non-Ground Level Objects
- How to use and understand Work Planes
- How to use and understand Reference Planes
- Modeling Ground Level Objects in a REVIT Family
- Modeling Non-Ground Level Objects in a REVIT Family
Why choose PDHengineer?
Trusted by over 60,000 engineers to meet PDH requirements
Earn reward tokens with each course purchase
Triple guarantee that courses will be accepted by your state licensing board
Contact this provider
Professional Engineers have trusted PDHengineer to provide high-quality PDH courses since 2003. A large library of PDH courses and live, interactive webinars means that engineers can find PDH course material covering all of the major engineering disciplines. Plus, all PDHengineer...