The Logistical Challenge of Reducing Hunger
According to the World Food Program, about 135 million people suffer from severe hunger mainly due to conflict, caused by humans, climate change and economic recessions. For this reason, it is necessary to start establishing clear strategies that allow and actions to reduce waste in production, processing, handling, storage, distribution and exhibition.
In this course, through four (4) modules, we will learn how this logistics challenge can be demonstrated and its relationship with the sustainable development goal number 2: zero hunger. Likewise, the main measures to be taken in each link of the supply chain in order to face this problem.
From each role we can contribute to reduce waste and commit to the future globally. Participate in this course that will give you tools to be a protagonist of logistic change by contributing to reducing hunger.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- Sustainable Development Goal #2 Zero Hunger
- Logistical inefficiency and its effect on hunger
- Food safety
Take advantage or waste.
- Basic concepts
- Description of waste loss in value networks
- Agricultural production
- Postharvest handling and storage:
- PDA Impact
Food security strategies
- How to reduce loss and waste
- Transversal strategies (infrastructure, storage, donations, etc.)
- Strategies by link
- Collaborative strategies (donations)
- donation schemes
- Forum: Strategy creation.
Policies and programs that contribute to Zero Hunger.
- Public policy guidelines
- Promotion and incentive information
- Prohibitions and Sanctions
- Current programs (IDB, FAO)
Course delivery details
This course is offered through LOGYCA, a partner institute of EdX.
3-6 hours per week
- Verified Track -$25
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Know the importance of the sustainable development goal # 2 Zero Hunger.
- Identify if food is wasted or used within the links of the value chain.
- Identify logistical strategies to mitigate food waste and thus contribute to SDG 2 zero hunger.
- Know the public policies and programs that currently govern the prevention of waste waste and the contribution to SDG 2.
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...