Sustainable Construction Management
This course aims to answer that question. It covers sustainable construction management project elements from conception to completion. We discuss the important contributions facility managers and property managers make to sustainable construction projects by acting as the owner’s representatives. And we show how the construction contract and project delivery method greatly influences how the project will be performed sustainably.
Sustainable construction methods and processes are highlighted, along with newer construction document production systems such as building information modeling (BIM), laser scanning, and drones. This course also gives an example of a scheduling method known as the critical path method (CPM).
We discuss methods, materials, and the equipment used to mitigate damage to buildings due to environmental conditions, and the different types of building systems. Current technologies and green innovations also reviewed include exterior wall systems, green roofs, elevators, HVAC systems, and new methods of sustainable building choices for green construction best practices.
Who should attend?
- Week 1: Sustainable design management.
- Week 2: Sustainable construction management.
- Week 3: Sustainable maintenance operations, security systems, environmental management, and building systems.
- Week 4: Energy management and renewable energy, green building construction, and strategic sustainable planning.
Course delivery details
This course is offered through The University of Maryland, College Park, a partner institute of EdX.
2-3 hours per week
- Verified Track -$199
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- How the construction industry is adapting to sustainability
- Industry leaders in sustainability
- Life cycle cost analysis of sustainable projects
- How the latest construction process can be sustainable
- How to manage the environmental impact of a project
- Sustainable Facility Management
- Is sustainable development cost effective?
- Understanding natural resources in sustainable development projects
- Project management controls in sustainable construction management projects
- How to minimize construction waste
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...