Personnel Management for Public Libraries
This course, part of the Public Library Management Professional Certificate program, will explore skills needed for hiring and evaluating personnel to reflect your library's mission through an organizational culture that will thrive in your community.
Learners will understand the legal considerations when managing a diverse workforce.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Access to a public library community.
- Can you afford the Library you wish to lead?
- Are your people able to get the job done?
- Do you have the right people doing the work?
- Do your policies allow you the flexibility to offer a healthy and competitive hiring environment?
Course delivery details
This course is offered through The University of Michigan, a partner institute of EdX.
2-4 hours per week
- Verified Track -$49
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Organizational culture from an HR perspective
- How to write and evaluate job descriptions
- A basic understanding of the laws pertaining to hiring (Federal and State)
- How to evaluate and develop a budget for staffing costs
- How to determine if the budget allows for staffing priorities as described in the organizational chart
- How to create and utilize performance evaluations
- How to identify needed policies that allow for a healthy and competitive hiring
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...