This course provides hands-on training using exercises, video lectures, readings, discussion forum, and other activities. You will have the opportunity to learn from examples and case studies of countries around the world.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Course delivery details
This course is offered through The International Monetary Fund, a partner institute of EdX.
3-4 hours per week
- Verified Track -$25
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Define the concept of inclusive growth and its many dimensions, and establish the links between growth, inequality, and poverty.
- Develop a framework to holistically analyze inclusive growth issues and prioritize policy actions.
- Measure inclusive growth in a country using a wide range of indicators, including indicators of poverty and inequality.
- Explain the role of fiscal policy in supporting inclusive growth and highlight best practices for designing tax policies and expenditure programs to foster inclusion.
- Describe what makes a labor market inclusive and examine determinants of labor market outcomes.
- Design labor market policies, including to tackle informality and labor market disruptions from technological change.
- Analyze gender inequality and its negative economic implications.
- Identify why good governance is important for inclusive growth and summarize the policies to improve it.
- Identify the key risks to sustainable and inclusive growth related to climate change and design a policy mix to address climate change mitigation and adaptation while cultivating inclusion.
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...