HTML5 Apps and Games
Want to learn advanced HTML5 tips and techniques? This is the course for you! Find out more about the powerful Web features that will help you create great content and apps.
This course is a natural follow up of HTML5 Coding Essentials and Good Practices. In this course, we continue the exploration of HTML5-based APIs, but also introduce some advanced features related to HTML5, such as Web components, advanced multimedia, audio for music and games, etc.
Like in the first course, you will learn by doing, study the interactive examples and have fun with proposed development projects. One of them will be to create an HTML5 game, so jump in and learn lots!
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
We recommend that students follow the 4 other W3Cx courses that are part of the FEWD program:
- HTML5 & CSS Fundamentals
- CSS Basics
- HTML5 Coding Essentials and Good Practices
Week 1: Advanced HTML5 Multimedia
- The Timed Text Track API
- Advanced features for audio and video players
- Creating tracks on the fly, syncing HTML content with a video
- The Web Audio API
Week 2: Game Programming with HTML5
- Basic concepts of HTML5 game development
- A simple game framework
- Time-based animation
- Animating multiple objects, collision detection
- Sprite-based animation
- Game states
Week 3: HTML5 File Upload and Download
- File API and Ajax / XHR2 requests
- Drag and drop: basics
- Drag and drop: working with files
- Forms and files
- Conclusion on client-side persistence
Week 4: HTML5 Multimedia
- Web Components
- Web Workers
- The Orientation and Device Motion APIs
Course delivery details
This course is offered through The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), a partner institute of EdX.
6-8 hours per week
- Verified Track -$199
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Advanced multimedia features with the Track and WebAudio APIs
- HTML5 games techniques
- More APIs, including Web Workers and Service Workers
- Persistence techniques for data storage including IndexedDB, File System API and drag and drop
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...