Exercising Leadership: Foundational Principles
The crises of our time generate enormous adaptive challenges for our families, organizations, communities, and societies. The need for leadership that can mobilize people to meet these challenges and improve life is critical.
In this introductory course, you will explore strategies for leading in a changing world where adaptive pressures will continue to challenge all of us. You will discover new ways to approach complex organizational systems and take thoughtful action on the work we all face ahead. Most importantly, you will reflect on how to move forward on the leadership challenges you care about most.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
- Introduction: Get on the Balcony
- 1 Identify the Work to Be Done
- 2 Lead With, Beyond, and Without Authority
- 3.1 Take Action: Think Politically
- 3.2 Take Action: Build Trust
- 3.3 Take Action: Orchestrate Conflict
- 4 Anchor Yourself
- Conclusion: Staying Alive
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Harvard University, a partner institute of EdX.
-3 hours per week
- Verified Track -$139
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
In this short introductory course, you will discover a diagnostic-and-action process for exercising leadership that explores the following foundational principles and strategies:
- How to identify and unbundle complex challenges
- How to understand the role of formal and informal authority
- How to identify the key perspectives of stakeholders
- How to build and renew trust relationships
- How to approach conflict
- How to implement personal strategies for surviving and thriving amidst change
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...