Critical Business Skills
In this course, you’ll gain core, critical business skills needed for success in any organization through analyzing various types of data and communicating the results of their analyses to diverse stakeholders.
Business analytics, which combines data analysis with industry knowledge to solve business problems and discover insights, is integrated throughout the course to ensure you’re able to support stakeholders at all levels of an organization. This course also involves formulating appropriate research questions and developing compelling narratives with visualizations in order to support leaders to make better decisions and companies to gain a competitive advantage.
After taking this course, you’ll be able to use information from industry and scholarly sources to inform problem-solving and decision-making by:
- Identifying different methodologies for solving a business problem
- Applying industry standards to inform decision-making
- Utilizing industry frameworks to identify and solve emerging problems
You’ll also be adept at interpreting qualitative and quantitative data to answer business questions by:
- Creating data visualization to support informed decision-making
- Testing hypotheses to find the best method of addressing complex business questions
This course will also help you to develop the skill sets needed in order to communicate effectively with diverse internal and external audiences by understanding communication strategies, best practices and the impact of inclusive language in business settings.
Upcoming start dates
- Self-paced Online
Who should attend?
Course delivery details
This course is offered through Southern New Hampshire University, a partner institute of EdX.
8-10 hours per week
- Verified Track -$498
- Audit Track - Free
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data using various methodologies and frameworks
- Craft data visualizations for communicating complex topics to diverse audiences
- Effectively communicate important initiatives to diverse audiences of stakeholders
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...