Conversations with Global Leaders: Leading on Sustainable Development
Effective and inclusive leadership is the need of the hour for achieving the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. But are good leaders born or are they made? Join Prof. Jeffrey Sachs LIVE as he as interviews inspiring world leaders about how they make tough policy decisions that impact humanity and the planet, in a complex world.
The SDG Academy in collaboration with Club de Madrid, has come together to offer a unique course on Global Leadership for the SDGs. Through a series of live sessions across 6 weeks, the course will focus on how change happens and is sustained at the highest level within governments and organizations. The course will be led by former heads of state and global leaders in business and civil society. These individuals bring diverse perspectives on the leadership necessary to create national and global movements towards sustainable development, including combating climate change, promoting and preserving human rights, and ensuring prosperity for all.
This course is for:
- Policy professionals who want to understand frameworks for SDG planning
- Development practitioners seeking information on goals-based development
- Advanced undergraduates and graduate students interested in economics, development, public policy and other key concepts related to the SDGs
- Private-sector actors, who want a concise overview of the latest developments in the field of sustainable development
- Anyone interested in the broader concept of sustainable development and its relevance to their life and work
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
Who should attend?
Course delivery details
This course is offered through SDG Academy, a partner institute of EdX.
2-4 hours per week
Certification / Credits
What you'll learn
By the end of the course, learners will gain first-hand insights on:
- The Importance of goal-setting and the SDGs
- Overcoming divisions in society and the SDGs
- Inclusive and Moral leadership
- Leadership in the Corporate Sector
Contact this provider
edX For Business helps leading companies upskill their labor forces by making the world’s greatest educational resources available to learners across a wide variety of in-demand fields. edX For Business delivers high-quality corporate eLearning to train and engage your employees...