Implicit Bias Training for Healthcare
Research confirms that everyone has unconscious or implicit biases. However, if left unchecked, these biases can lead to unfair or discriminatory behavior with negative consequences. As part of a multipronged approach to improving diversity and inclusion, unconscious bias training can help professionals at all levels recognize and manage their own biases and create a more inclusive workplace. In this workshop, participants gain a stronger understanding of bias; both conscious and unconscious. And how hidden biases affect workplace decisions and culture. Learn to recognize biases such as attribution bias, beauty bias, gender bias, ageism, the halo effect and many others. This course includes pre- and post-test implicit bias assessments and results in both a Certificate of Completion.
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
Course delivery details
As an accredited University, Davenport offers instructor-led implicit bias training with live synchronous interaction in both livestream/virtual and in-person at campuses throughout the state of Michigan.
Certification / Credits
Credits: 0.3 CEUs
Credits: 3 PDCs
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the concept of unconscious bias and the types of biases
- Understand historical bias and present consequences of bias
- Develop a greater self-awareness of our own cultural tendencies, recognizing nuances of our own culture and the culture of others
- Explain how to recognize personal biases and make more informed decision
- Recognize how societal culture and organizational culture intersect and identify steps to create an organizational culture that promotes inclusion through listening, taking action, valuing input, and fostering open communication
- Understand how biases can influence workplace decisions and interactions and the business metrics that are affected
- Embrace acceptance and empathy rather than awareness and tolerance
- Explore and practice words and actions that encourage respect and resolution to conflicts and difficult situations between individuals, which will eliminate discriminatory behaviors
Why choose IPEx?
With over 150 years of innovative experience in leading-academic thought, Davenport brings the real world of business into each class.
Having strategically partnered with hundreds of businesses and organizations over the last 25 years, Davenport University’s IPEx has the experience to help organizations meet goals and achieve their vision of success.
From Michigan to Malaysia, as well as India, Canada, China, Australia, Brazil and beyond, IPEx has a global presence where learning happens with our international participants.
Contact this provider
Davenport University's Institute for Professional Excellence
Grow through professional development delivered the IPEx way — with an eye on your time and your budget. Davenport University’s Institute for Professional Excellence (IPEx) offers professional development courses focused on topics with real-world relevance, aimed at making you more...