Understanding Diversity and Inclusion
Attend this 90-minute webinar to develop a greater understanding of various aspects of diversity and inclusion (D&I), and how they impact everyday interactions and overall workplace culture. Get the opportunity to assess your diversity intelligence and recognize the business imperative for D & I initiatives in organizations. You will build an understanding of how biases and stereotypes develop, the importance of values to cultural norms, a model for holding difficult conversations, and how overlapping threats such as racism and sexism can have a multiplicative effect on individuals and groups. You’ll also explore new strategies and tools, and increase your understanding through stories and a case study.
How You Will Benefit
- Identify the barriers to diversity, equity and inclusion that stem from perceptions
- Discover the relationship between emotional intelligence and diversity
- Develop an understanding of bias and explore what drives exclusionary behaviors
- Recognize intersectionality (overlapping threats) and how it relates to systemic biases
- Manage micro-inequities (small behaviors that can have a big impact) to build stronger diverse relationships
Upcoming start dates
Inquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
- Recognizing the importance of values and their contribution to cultural norms and differences
- Describing the areas of the brain that process information and communication
- Using the FLIP model to hold difficult conversations
- Identifying characteristics of debate, discussion and dialogue
- Describing the 4 stages of competence
- Establishing a common language through the definitions of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging
Course price for:
- Non Members: $199.00
- AMA Members: $199.00
- GSA: $199.00
Average rating 5
This was a really great course that really helped me to examine where I need to improve and be more inclusive. I feel like this information will not only make for a better work ...
The American Management Association, International (AMA) is the global leader in talent development. Founded in 1923, AMA supports the goals of individuals and organizations through a complete range of educational products and services, including instructor-led classroom and virtual seminars, webinars,...